RSA vs TEFL, which is Right for Me??

Savittre

I'd really like to do one or the other. Here is what I'd like to get out of the course:

The bulk of my teaching experience is with teaching kids. I don't want to stop teaching kids, but I want to branch out, do more adults, 1-on-1 and classroom work, so

1. I want the course that will best equip me to do a professional job of meeting adults needs.

2. I also want the course that will best equip me to professionally assess what my adult students linguistic needs are, and then be able to accurately meet those needs within the allotted timeframe.

3. I'd also like the course to be, if possible, a stepping stone to business English, or other kinds of specialized adult English teaching.

Thanks, Guys

In Thailand, there are two courses you should consider, the RSA as done by ECC in Siam Square and the course run by www.teflintl.com in Bahn Pe. The Bahn Pe course does have a lot of kids content in it, which is valid for Thailand where more jobs than not involve teaching kids. If you JUST want adults, go for the RSA. If you want a balance, for the TEFL.

Stick

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are many courses in thailand, not just 2 as suggested by Stick. One of them is the most respected in the world, and the other one pays to advertise on Sticks website (which is a TESOL, not a TEFL, just to show his lack of interest in it other than his financial gains)

Yes, there are many other courses, but it is not worth listing them all. Sort of like if someone wants to buy a camera, would I mentioned EVERY brand? No, just the best. And while you are on the the subject of TESOL VS TEFL, would you care to explain the difference and the relevance to the respective courses?

Stick

"Sort of like if someone wants to buy a camera, would I mentioned EVERY brand? No, just the best"

Would you recommend a camera that you had never owned or used? You have not taken the TESOL course at Ban Phe. You are entitled to recommend it, but the fact that they pay to advertise on your site hardly makes it look convincing.

No, I wouldnt care to compare the courses. My post was just to make people aware that there are more than 2 options in Thailand. Personally, I don't trust any of the unprofessional, bickering, idiots who run the schools here.

If anyone is wondering, this is the spillover from a really tiresome tiff amongst the teachers and our friend Smeg has an agenda and our friend Smeg will make the same point in exactly the same thread on as many forums as he can find. I would suggest that the moderators have a look at this clowns performance on www.teflasia.com and decide whether they want this sort of crap on Nana.

Stick did nothing wrong. All he did was to venture his opinion in response to a question from another member of the board. He gets paid for advertising on his site not for giving third party advice on Nana or for taking abuse from trolls.

Yes stickman does get money from TEFL INTER. but he does strongly believe in the program there and is pleased to offer infomation on it.. Ask other guys on this board about the program itsmedave or gummigut etc. for another opinion

I have 2 friends who took the course at Ban phe and if I mention I know the owner or saw him out and about I have to leave the room. They hate the man and the course. Although I have heard a mix about the course I can say that it is more positive than negative. Ask some other teachers for their opinion and make your own

I have worked with a few teachers and have found that people who took the RSA overseas tend to be more knowledgable about the subject, but they paid alot more money than the courses in thailand and probably had a stronger interest in it and not seeing it as a way to keep a visa in thailand.

Just looked at that link and what a lot of dribble, those guys have nothing better to do with there time than to attack Stickman and Bangkok Phil among others, posting in other peoples names claiming to be Bangkok Phil and also using there real names, as well as copying real posts that they wrote on this board and then changing a few words and lines looking to make trouble, I will not look at that site again thats for sure,

Archived