Who Was Your (First) Childhood Hero?

Fiery Jack

Moi? [color:brown]Boss Cat[/color], :smirk: out of the Top Cat cartoons. Or Spook, the beatnik cat, :drunk: or Fancy-Fancy that liked to gamble and chat up birds. :hubba: I was torn between the three of them, pretended to be them, one at a time. In a barn. Alone. Using Monopoly money and wearing a white wooly scarf like Fancy-Fancy's. It was before I discovered masturbation, like. :relieved:

[color:purple]'...Close friends get to call him T. C.,

Providing it's with dignity!'[/color] :applause:

After that (or was it before?), open season on heroes chez your uncle Jacques Enflammé; I was a fickle follower. So many. Welcomed like kith and kin, discarded like hookers and my spirit moved on: King Alfred the Great, Ivanhoe, Peter Marinello, Count Dracula, (inexplicably) albino soccer player Alan Whittle, Alf Tupper from the Tupper of the Track comic stories, Joe 'Splash' Gorton the stoned hippie swimmer :hippie: in Tiger and Jag comic, Dr. Fu Manchu, William Brown (out of Richmal Crompton's books), Billy Dane off the Billy's Boots stories in Tiger too, Catweazle, Bruce Lee then quickly Kwai Chang Caine, Marc Bolan...

All before my 8th or 9th birthday, so far as I can recall. :hmmm:

What about you lot then? :beer:

jack :help:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you weren't asking me but...Mrs. Howell. :relieved:

As far as I remember (which you know isn't very far) my first heroes were baseball players, Dodgers, like Sandy Koufax. I had to be different, so I decided that first baseman Wes Parker was my favorite Dodger. My brother and cousin liked the second baseman, Jimmy Lefebvre. Any time I mentioned Wes Parker's name, they'd tell me he's a fag and kick me in the nuts. After years of counseling, I learned it was they who had the homo problem. :)

Archived