Thaksin declare his return to politics

Mentors

Colorwolf you are the uneducated lad here as you have always been in your usually useless posts -> you show your total uneducation on this one.

By the way before calling someone "uneducated" you make sure you have the diplomas required to do so...

I can be many things but uneducated is not one of them.

I will not copy FS arguments, will just add that I lived or worked in a few dicatures and MR T has all the makings of a dictator hungry for power.

The argument about the poor Isaan farmers?

I keep hearing this argument but never met any Thai farmer who told me exactly what Mr T did.

Nor did I ever see any numbers/figures and articles detailing the projects he really funded and so on....

I suspect Mr T did exactly the same as Mobutu (which I witnessed every day with my own eyes):

Buying votes/support from "village chief" + a few bucks for the common people and the deed is done...(plus being populist)

Until I see some data proving me that Mr T did really something useful for Isaan people in general then I remain undecided...

So colorwolf you are defending a criminal condemned by his own justice in a democratic country -> you obviously missed something...

You will probably say that justice was misguided by the PAD so as to condemn him?

Always convenient to find a PAD or a Jew or any convenient culprit to explain things people don't try to understand....

-> by putting down such a simplistic explanation you show your lack of culture or should I say intelligence in addition to insulting people.

I apologize:

I did not understand that you support dictators

-> you deify them when they are on power and when they fall and are judged guilty you continue to support them.

This is very good to keep your convictions and I should respect your love of political people who become criminals on the run....

Maybe you could also find some good points with A Hitler or Benito or Staline?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<>

I will help colorwolf ..... Autobahn .... Volkswagen ....

But be serious just because someone does a number of good things does this give him/her the freedom, or excuse to break the law? No I do not think so! According to that logic many people on this very board would be allowed to break the law because they have done a few good things. Hell even I would be allowed to break the law on that reasoning!

I have lived under 1 militairy dictatorship in Surinam. Not as heavy as most but still enough to make me not trust someone like Thaksin. My impression is that Desi Bouterse was an angel compared to Shin Ai Sat.

W

For those who do not know him and the country:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desi_Bouterse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suriname

Mentors.

I don't agree with you but there is a major difference between you and colorwolf

-> you don't insult and attack other people to express your divergent opinion.

Colorwolf is an uneducated fellow who always feels the need to be insulting and agressive.

People can have different opinions, which makes life interesting, but express them in a civil way.

This is not the case with colorwolf

Thailand = power struggle between equally wealthy and powerful people

-> unfortunately normal people will once more pay the price

Mr T, no matter his faults, should retire and let others continue to clash, sadly power is an addiction for some

Bangkok Post

18 Nov 2008

Thaksin won't appeal in land case

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra will not lodge an appeal against the verdict in the Ratchadapisek land case, his lawyer Khamnuan Chalopatham said on Tuesday without giving any explanation.

The Supreme Court gave Mr Thaksin 30 days to file an appeal and the deadline is tomorrow.

Mr Khamnuan said his client will explain why he has decided not to file an appeal at a phone-in address to the mobile "Truth Today" programme.

The Supreme Court sentenced the deposed premier to two years in prison after finding him guilty of abusing his power in his wife's purchase of Ratchadapisek land in Bangkok.

Would be great for everyone if he had an "accident" maybe...something like a "jumper suicide"

Get a guy, a gun and a bullet....end of story.

so drogon (and hardy), your "educated" solution to thailand's political problems is "suiciding" the most popular thai politician? that's a truly civilised and democratic way solving problems indeed...

for the record, i'm no fan of mr t...but his parties DO win elections (and please, don't say "bribe", for all thai parties do that, it's just the name of the game) and he was the most effective pm in the post-crisis period.

did he enrich himself, his family and his cronies? sure he did...now name me one clean thai politician...indeed, i didn't think you could...

does the fact that all players have dirty hands absolve mr t? no, but if the courts really want, they can sentence pretty much anyone for graft (remember samak: kicked out of office for taking Bt10 or so for performing on a cooking show...)

i really do hope mr t will be coming back, if only for the fireworks...

and drogon, could you please try and write intelligible english...i can barely comprehend your long post...it would actually be better if you posted in french...

Archived