Thaksin declare his return to politics

Mentors

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interview with Phil Woolas UK Immigration Minister

[color:blue]"For a start, Woolas, who eagerly flashes his Manchester United season ticket at me, is responsible for football-related visas. A partisan Red, he takes boyish enjoyment in the fact he revoked the visa of Thaksin Shinawatra, the ousted Thai prime minister and former owner of United's deadly rivals Manchester City. "Nothing to do with football, I promise you," he chuckles. "The briefing ... didn't mention the fact that he was the ex-Man City chairman - it just quite rightly said he has been charged with fraud and he's not a desirable person - but it occurred to me, of course."[/color]

Full Article

i really do hope mr t will be coming back, if only for the fireworks...

This statement absolutely disqualifies your and clearly shows your real nature. I am sure you will have a great time watching Thai people killing Thai people.

I donâ??t know on which planet you are living but I am sure if you would have lived in Thailand under Thaksinâ??s rule you would think differently.

I wonâ??t go much into the details of the various, well documented crimes he and his cronies committed. 3000+ extrajudicial killing in the 1st war of drugs, the dead of the 2nd and 3rd have never been published, escalating the violence in the south, with over 4000 dead incl. the outrageous incidents at the Krue Sae Mosque and Bak Thai with more than 200 people dying alone, institutionalizing corruption and cronyism (Airport, Telco laws, Myanmar deals, privatization of state enterprises just to name a few; appointing family members or cronies into key positions), interfering justice (asset concealment case), curbing the press freedom and so and so on.

The man who now claims to be the biggest defender and lover of democracy is the same man who - at the peak of his power â?? publically declared that democracy isn't his ultimate goal but just the means to get things done.

I always hear that he did also a lot of good things. Ok; name me one!

The 30 THB healthcare scheme?

Mainly propaganda as people get the medication for 1 day only and have to return daily instead of receiving treatment for a week. On top it bankrupted many hospitals and ruined the Thailandâ??s health care system in many provinces. I don't any Thai with some money who is relying on it.

The one Tamboon One product plan or the village fund?

The first is worse than any communist 5 year plan. Together they had only one purpose to channel tax many to trusted village chiefs who distributed it a way ensuring Thaksin will be elected and reelected. I agree that also other parties arenâ??t 100%clean, but the patrons usually used at least their own funds. Thaksin brought vote buying to another level by buying whole elections with Tax money.

Did he improve infrastructure?

I don't know any new highway built in provinces (the planned highway extension to Prachuab has been canceled by Thaksin), the railway system is still on the stand of 1950, the BTS extention has been delayed for years by Thaksin for political reasons. Why is the Taksin bridge extension still not operational and has to be funded by the BMA??

Any education reform?

No at all! Education levels are even worsening (see Thailand's ranking in the PISA studies).

Thaksin is one the worst dictators in the last 20 years. Name me one who is responsible for more extrajudicial killings? He should be brought to Den Hag and receive the same punishment as Saddam, Milosevicâ?¦

I also wonder in which other country government officials are allowed to travel overseas to meet a convicted criminal on the run. :dunno:

Thanks for presenting some facts Hardy641.

I asked Mr Colorwolf to present us with some documented examples of all the "good deeds" Mr T did insted of his general statements that "Mr T did a lot for poor people"....still waiting

I am not Thai but the Thais I know (both farmers and middle class people) don't think Mr T did something positive for them...

Thanks again for presenting some facts

Thaksin implemented a sophisticated propaganda and control network covering every 'Amphoer' or 'Moo Baan'. Buying the loyalty of local patrons and village heads ensured him unlimited control over each district. While I agree that in the eastern and northern provinces many believed his lies there is also clear evidence that people with other opinions have been oppressed and pressured to vote for his party. This structure is unfortunately still in place.

That Thaksin did a lot of for the poor is nothing other than utter bullshit, an urban legend. He just gave away peanuts to get their votes. Most of the tax money went to the influential people who helped him to gain the control over the villages.

While I can â?? somehow â?? understand that the uneducated Isaan farmers fall for his propaganda it is far beyond my imagination how foreigners with access to all the information available on the Internet can still support this oppressor. :dunno:

Archived