Thaksin declare his return to politics

Mentors

Colorwolf your post is barely readable...

So this is not my English which I would question but rather yours -> if my English was so badly written I suppose that many other posters would directly point to the fact I don't make myself clear...

Of course most Thai politicians receive bribes but is it because others are not really better than you must worship the worst guy of the lot?

I would take your argument and return it to you by asking you, if you maintain that all Thai politicians are corrupted then why follow Mr T more than others.

Yes Thai justice and politics are sometimes laughable but after all for Mr T or Samak it is the system with which they played -> I am not going to cry when one corrupt bastard has a reverse of fortune because he pissed other equally corrupted bastards...

Mr T and Samak played the game and they lost.

Now, my point and the reason why your obstination to support the "return of holy Mr T" is the following:

Thai people will pay for that, no matter if this is a civil war or if unrest continues.

My girlfriend, her family (and yes a part of her family is made of farmers), her friends will all suffer further.

Of course Mr T is not responsible for all evils but what he is currently doing does not help the country...

Now Mr colorwolf, I have no idea who you are or what is your objective in life but I would like to ask you to stop once and for all your agressive posting.

You can make your point and have a completely divergent opinion but if you continue this little masquerade then I will consider being as insulting and obnoxious as you presently try to be.

Last: If you are really living in Thailand and if Mr T succeeds in coming back did you try to consider what consequences could arise?

I suppose you never lived in the middle of an insurrection or civil war, I did and I don't really want this to happen to Thailand...

Note: The "accident" was meant as an ironical allusion to the many "accidents" happening in Thailand...

If you had a bit of sense you would have realized by now that I am usually not in favour of violence.

-> and I never considered making a martyr of Mr T

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if Thaksin engineers a return to the fray, that a whole lot of rural folk will be overjoyed, meanwhile the City (well there is only one really) will implode and degenerate into a maelstrom.

But then I'm usually wrong.

Cheers

Coss

...he was the most effective pm in the post-crisis period.

Bullshit! Chuan drove the country out of the mess, making the hard and unpopular, but ultimately correct, calls. Toxin took over as all that shit was beginning to work. "Born on third and thought he hit a home run" I think is an apt expression.

Cheers,

SD

Thaksin's problem is stiffer scrutiny

Former premier Chuan Leekpai said yesterday that a major problem for ousted former premier Thaksin Shinawatra was not an unfair justice system, but rather the fact that the ex-leader no longer had efficient control over the independent branch and other organisations.

Chuan, the chief adviser of the opposition Democrat Party, was referring to Thaksin's recent allegation that the court judgements against him were politically motivated.

"Today, most people in power are associated with Thaksin. However, the independent agencies, such as courts and other organisations, can no longer be intervened. In the past, it was easier to appoint favoured persons, with the aid of helpful senators," Chuan said.

"Those appointees had to follow instructions from the government, which made scrutiny ineffective. But, today the scrutiny is more intense; we have to accept that," he added.

"There are no other prime ministers closer to Thaksin's family than the current one," Chuan said, referring to the fact that Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat is Thaksin's brother-in-law.

Chuan said that as a Thai citizen, Thaksin could come back to the country anytime he prefers to fight the legal cases against him.

"There is no problem with the justice system. Thaksin can fight through the normal procedure and in a straightforward manner. However, these days, politicians in power may find it much more difficult to interfere with the work of courts or public prosecutors," Chuan said.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat insisted yesterday there would be no dissolution of the House of Representatives or any political change in the near future, as his goal was to "continue serving the public" as long as possible.

"The prime minister insisted that House dissolution or any political change will never take place [soon]. If there are no other alternatives, House dissolution may be the last option," said Kudep Saikrajang, spokesman for the ruling People Power Party.

Somchai, as caretaker leader of the PPP, also agreed that a motion for constitutional amendment should be postponed indefinitely so that the People's Alliance for Democracy would have no more ammunition for its anti-government rally, according to the spokesman.

The premier agreed with most party MPs attending a party meeting at the PPP headquarters - that by seeking an amendment to Article 291 of the Constitution, to allow formation of a constitution drafting assembly, the PAD would have a new issue to fuel its anti-government rally, Kudep said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/11/19/politics/politics_30088770.php

Archived