Employment Agency Web Sites

ultras67

I am thinking about moving out next year to Thailand and initially plan to get a CELTA/TESOL and teach english.

But ideally I would like a job similar to the one I have in the UK, my question is, is there such a thing as a call centre in Thailand ? If so, where could someone with 15 years experience of operations / telephony / project management find a job like that. And are they more likely to hire someone in the country rather than from abroad ?

Are there some good employment agency web sites that covering this area or more general management that would recruit from the UK? As yet I havent found any ( might just be looking in the wrong place of course )

Thanks in advance.

[ December 21, 2001: Message edited by: Doog R ]

Look at www.jobserve.com, they had some interesting contract possibilities in Thailand.

Thailand has lots of call centres, think of companies like AIS, TelcomAsia, TOT, DTAC and UBC. However, call centre management is on a level where they normally prefer thai nationals because it's pretty low in the organisation tree.

Here are a few websites that may prove useful:

www.job.co.th www.jobsdb.com www.ethailand.com www.ismtech.net

I don't know if any of the above would contain jobs for ex-pat packages or even jobs for non-Thai staff (I am currently trying to recruit local programmers) but they might give you a few leads / ideas.

I have used 'jobserve' before when finding work in my own country but not for jobs abroad. When I needed it 'jobserve' was an excellent site not just for the vacancies posted/ filtering options but also for getting contacts into recruitment agencies that were placing jobs on the site.

Other points to consider would be 'What skills can you bring to a call centre in Thailand that could not be offered by a local person?' How good are your communication skills in Thai? Have you checked out work permit rules / regulations / availablity for that line of work?

Best of luck with your search.

D

If you want to work in Thailand, you should really eliminate the idea of call centre work, because as far as I know, there aren't any for English speakers - unless one included those dodgy boiler rooms... English teaching is the way to go, but the pay is not that good, truth be told. However, it can be very rewarding.

Stick

quote:

Originally posted by Old hippie:

I have heard the term "boiler room" before, not quite sure what they are, Just heard they were very popular in LOS at one time, what's the story?

"Boiler Room"... One BIG room... Many Phones... Many People... VERY HIGH PRESSURE... Many Scams.

How to separate the weak and innocent from their life savings.

Motto... "Never give a Sucker an even break."

Mascot... W.C. Fields, ex-con.

Prognosis for a long and comfortable future in Thailand if you work at one ... ForrGetttAboutttit'

Enough said...

CS

Archived