when flights do return then!!

keith doug

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talked to guy who might know tonight.

His view at least 48 hours to get airport up and running at full speed.

7 days after that things MAY get back to normal and the back log cleared.

Goes on longer who knows

As somebody pointed out the Somalia pirates do not have 200 plus modern aircraft as hostage.

If the removal of protester went Tits up then everybody is back to Don Muang: but will Thai have any aircraft left?

So how long is a piece of string?

it doesnt look good for a speedy return ,there is a pitched battle to get thru yet ,and removal of bodies and body parts . Meanwhile they could get some maintenance done like a clean of the bogs ,and a new baggage carousel sign as the existing is too small and useless .i have never seen a cleaner in the bogs although a photo of the alleged cleaner is posted on the wall but she is never in attendance ,and judging by the pools of urine under the urinals she never makes an appearance .how many tourists are waiting to get back home ? 100,000?of all nationalities ?

It's now Saturday morning in Bangkok. I don't see any reports about any efforts to clear the airports. The airports are not only still closed, but The Nation reports that PAD leaders are asking PAD supporters at Government House to move to the airports and bring water and food for a long stay.

I have also heard it will take at least 48 hours to get the airports operating after they are finally cleared, assuming they haven't been damaged. Who knows what PAD has been doing while occupying the airport? Have computer terminals or anything else been damaged?

If the PAD resists removal - and they insist they will: to death - assume at least a few days to restore order and reoccupy the airports - maybe longer, given the pace of things thus far and this being Thailand.

None of this has started yet. At some point this process must start, it hasn't started as of Saturday, so let's assume it starts tomorow. Let's assume, and I think this optomistic, order is restored by Tuesday morning And then at least two days to get things back in order. If there was resistance or equipment was damaged, it will be longer. In any event, the earliest would be Thursday. And then, of course, Thai needs to handle a huge back log of flights.

I am no expert, but just thinking this through the best case scenario, this is my guess.

If this drags out longer, the time-line drags out longer. Any airport logistics here? Anything I am missing or unnecessarily adding?

Not my work, but here is something to consider:

1)The re-opening of the airport is a "Thai" issue. (Meaning no outside requirement to certify that the airport is safe to operate)

2)Once the protesters are out they will have to conduct a massive security search. It is believed they will need assistance from the military and police. Runways also.

3)Next step is an IT checks. Check all airports communications. Checkin computers/printers, e-checkin, baggage belts, baggage belting systems (gets the bag from the counter to the right aircraft loading area).

4)They should also have approval(s) from the fire marshal.

5)Building maintenance needs must do checks on restrooms and other basic functions.

6)Trash removal. It's expected this would be huge!

Basis all the above, and allowances for everything "workable" and "secure", I've been advised a 1-2 day period would be needed to complete all.

And this is optomistic - based on no damage to equipment or property.

Archived