UK to adopt euro...Damn Brits

drogon

Unfortunately its not a matter of if we join the euro but when. Governments have agendas that can go on for years if not decades.

An intersting statement about how bad the pound is fareing versus the euro considering for the past 8 years the pound has been stronger. The pound is suffering like most currencies at the moment due to the global crisis. I'm pretty confident it will gain ground over time. Pounds and Dollars are generally favoured currency in second and third world countries...

There will be no debate on when we go in, just like there was no promised referendum on the EEC, the politicians listen to the people then blatantly ignore them anyhow.

1 more year of labour....thank god.

Chelseafan, do you know many Brits in favor of the euro???

I know that more and more Irish now are happy to be part of EU and wish to say "yes" if there is a next referendum...-> crisis help people make up their minds I guess.

Yes without pubs the Brits are in a deep crisis...

:beer::cover::stupid:

As someone who works in the beers, wines and spirits trade, I can tell you that pubs are closing at the rate of 6 a week - a lot of this is to do with the smoking ban, those anti-smokers who cried out in delight at being able to leave a pub without their clothes stinking now realise that the smell of beer-stained carpets and body odour are just as much a turnoff and dont visit, likewise the smokers now drink at home.

Sorry the above is a little tongue in cheek but slightly true nonetheless.

1 more year of labour - thank god!

....' date=' I can tell you that pubs are closing at the rate of 6 a week....[/quote']

For how many weeks? 3? I've heard statistics like these before over many years but the same pubs that I've drank at for near 30 years are still all open! So exactly which pubs are closing at 6 a week? :confused::dunno:

Since the ban came in force. Incidentally the Irish got hit just as bad and are still suffering, sure the theme pubs in the centre of town are surviving but outside town centers they are closing at a alarmng rate.

Archived