Windows doesn't like me again!

Flashermac

About 40% free on my C drive.

Did you back up all your data already?

I just experienced today that my nephew's 4yrs old HP notebook died. Since yesterday Windows would only boot occasionally and the booth process often ended in a blue screen of death. Today, before Windows would boot there was only the message that the drive could not be found...

Anyway, whatever it is make sure to *at least* one back up of your data. And please check if the backup is complete and not corrupted.

Thanks. I figured yesterday a trip to the shop was due, but some how I finally got the safe mode to open and reset it to 19 Dec. Since then it's working fine, but I have the feeling it won't last. I try to keep everything I need backed up on the D drive. The drives are old - maybe 7 years plus. The PC was a Pentium 3 that I changed to a Pentium 4. I doubled the Ram and made other changes, but the HDs are still the old ones.

When it happened the first time - Thursday, a scan did come up with a bug on IE. I don't like IE and almost never use it, but Firefox started crashing every few minutes. Also, Hotmail usually won't let me write on Opera or Google. I can open it, but not write! :hmmm:

Archived