Want to buy a boat

trooper

I have been searching for about 15 meters long wooden boat which would be suitable for fishing and could accommodate a few people if making overnight trips further away but as for now haven't seen any interesting. Or actually there was a good one for sale in www.bahtsold.com which was sold just before i got to Thailand. Asking price went down almost 50% before somebody bought it so it should be good time to buy one as all business is hurting and many people are selling in panic. Anybody have any ideas where to look for? I cannot read thai so cannot search thai web pages and only option seems to be to visit every damn harbour in this country with a thai assistant.

Hehe they say the only good moments of owning a boat is the moment you buy it and when you eventually get rid of it.

Well I own a boat in Finland and haven't yet regret I bought it several years ago. It's actually still worth almost the same I paid for it but sure I have put lots of money to maintain it. Sure it gives you headache from time to time but I need something to do here in Thailand. Whoring and drinking feels boring after a while.

My Dad has a sail boat. Nice size for the great lakes area he lives at. I aksed him why he bought a boat. He says it gives him something to do.

He spends the summers on the boat and during the winter times has the house.

Yet every year he is sanding the bottom of the boat and repainting it.

He said at times it's a money pit, but he enjoys it.

I guess if you have the time for it that is fine, but people for the weekend use I just don't get it

If you have a boat here, how do you make sure nobody breaks into it or steals it while you are away from the boat.

Do the marinas have real security?

Yes I believe that is true. throwing money into it.

But like a lot of other hobbies as well.

Everybody has does it one way or the other I guess.

My Dad asked me a few months ago what kind of boat would I like as he's thinking about buying a newer boat. I told him where am I going to put it. My pond in the states or my father in law's fish ponds?

I have no time for a boat.

Was not happy in the reply I gave him. But it was the truth.

Archived