Want to buy a boat

trooper

I have to agree with Bill. I have had many friends get "boat happy" over the years. They all regret it.

Rent the boat and save yourself $$$$$ and lots of head aches!!

I've had my share of boats and boating. Only fell overboard couple times - both sober, too.

I have one now - a small one. Got a brand new 2003 outboard motor - never been on a boat - not mine nor anyone elses. The motor that is.

Boat was on lake all Summer. Mostly, I bailed the boat after rain storms.

All above is correct. Just borrow someone else's boat!

The happiest day for a boat owner is the day it is sold.

But, alas, jump in and go for it.

Is this a car topper boat? A marina boat? Are you a member of a yacht club?

Wait, I just listened to weather report. Storm is coming. Get that compass out or that special expensive GPS!

Call the Thai Coast Guard!

The boat I'm looking for is a wooden boat built specially for fishing. The maintaining cost of this kind of boat should be around 100000 baht/year unless you have some bigger problems with the engine. That's why I'm looking for one with a new engine. As small diesel engine as possible as one of the biggest mistakes people do when they buy a boat is not to understand how much they gonna spend on fuel.

The one I have home is a fishing/trolling boat and as far I haven't had much problems with it. Gonna sell it soon though before the engine gets too old and buy a bit smaller with a brand new engine.

trooper ,

- cost for berth

- cost for insurance

- cost for antifouling

- cost for travellift or other due to broken props

- cost for I don't know what

If you enjoy it and are always close to where the boat is : fine .

I enjoy it and I'm always close. Yes that's what's counted in 100000 baht. Ten private bookings for a year and I'm on my own. Sure the boat looses value but no hobby is free.

The boat I'm looking for is a wooden boat built specially for fishing. The maintaining cost of this kind of boat should be around 100000 baht/year unless you have some bigger problems with the engine. That's why I'm looking for one with a new engine. As small diesel engine as possible as one of the biggest mistakes people do when they buy a boat is not to understand how much they gonna spend on fuel.

The one I have home is a fishing/trolling boat and as far I haven't had much problems with it. Gonna sell it soon though before the engine gets too old and buy a bit smaller with a brand new engine.

Earlier this year, I remember seeing some beautiful, small fishing boats just as you describe for sale in BANG SURAY, located between Jomtien and Sattahip. Two of them were berthed alongside some popular seafood restaurants just north of the local fishing pier.

They were pretty small, probably less than 8m but had steering cabins and decks.

There are several small boatbuilding yards in the area; just drive around and you'll find them.

I visited Bang Saray a few days ago but didn't see any interesting boat there. The problem with traditional Thai fishing boats is there is not enough space on the back to install the trolling gear. Just "hired" an agent to look for it for me.

Building own is orcourse an option but it takes time and is a sure way to loose lots of money.

Archived