Soi Cowboy- I like

dashiling

Nep has finally been knocked off the top of my personal favorite list. Soi Cowboy has some really nice places like Shark and Bacarra and Tilak, The girls are looking good and there are no, or very few katoeys. Nana seems to me to have reached the tipping point of the ladyboy life cycle. they come in larger and larger numbers until they start working guys over and then the cops drive them out for a while.

I used to think of the catastrophe of razing Nana plaza to the ground, Now i would just shrug.

Soi Cowboy is certainly no longer the cheaper alternative to the Complex though. but it's not too bad in the buy me drinkee business like a lot of Nep bars.

Has it all changed in my ten years of holiday fun in the Kingdom? Of course it has. But Noi is always a hot 20 year old. that never changes.

Cheers

after the major preference of most board members has been NEP for years, is this the new mainstream that even Newbies are dumping NEP?

i did not like NEP 10 or more years ago and have always prefered SC and PP and left NEP to the Newbies and occasional tourists!

I've generally avoided NEP after reading the story about an old regular getting beaten up in Mandarin.

Also bought a shot of tequila for a girl in Carnival (at her request) that turned out to be water.

Used to really enjoy the shows at Angel Witch but have lost interest since the two most acrobatic performers left.

Come to think of it, I don't go to Cowboy much these days either. Agree the bars are more vibrant than NEP but I just don't feel as welcome as in years past. Must be getting ugly the older I get.

I never really liked the NEP due to the zoo of idiot punters looking like hooligans. Big Dog's is okay.

Nothing against Patpong, I just don't consider staying in Silom because I'm more likely to meet up with friends in Sukhumvit.

For a long time I've situated myself in hotels between Sois 23 and 33, since the bars I tend to visit are on those sois or between them, and an easy walk. Good American comfort food in places like Bourbon Street and the bars in WS and QPP are fine for taking the edge off a nasty hangover.

Yeah, I think I would be happy living somewhere in that little triangle, only I know it would kill me.

Archived