Notice the Abhisit Government

Mentors

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PM stands firm against coup

The government will do everything it can to prevent a state of chaos [color:red]and will not definitely not allow a coup to take place, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said on Thursday.[/color]

He said this in replying to a fresh enquiry from the opposition about the government's imposition of the Internal Security Act in the House of Representatives.

[color:red]"We will do everything we can to prevent the situation from getting out of hand. If a House dissolution or my resignation could help the country to go move ahead, I would have no problem with doing that. But we would definitely not allow a coup to happen," said the prime minister.[/color]

Mr Abhisit said he did think his resignation or dissolution of the House of representatives at this stage would do any good to the country.

The government would respect the red shirts' right to unarmed and peaceful assembly and adhere to international standards for crowd control. The ISA was only a tool to maintain law and order. The protesters would not be obstructed or prosecuted, he said.

The prime minister said every measure taken by the government would be transparent and accountable for. If all concerned acted within the scope of the law, there would not be unrest.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/171104/pm-stands-firm-against-coup

:grouphug:

Return power to the people! Which one ... Thaksin?

Let's have an election and have done with it. Bet the Reds might be in for a surprise when they can't get a majority nationwide! (Then "true democracy" will begin behind the scenes as small parties try to sell their support to the highest bidder.)

Return power to the people! Which one ... Thaksin?

Let's have an election and have done with it. Bet the Reds might be in for a surprise when they can't get a majority nationwide! (Then "true democracy" will begin behind the scenes as small parties try to sell their support to the highest bidder.)

The Democrat Party is loosing support in their stronghold in the South after decades.

This is what i hear from the people here since a couple of month.

I don't know how much voters will switch to the Yellow PAD Party.

Archived