Notice the Abhisit Government

Mentors

Chalerm Yoobamrung, the chairman of Pheu Thai Party MPs, Thursday kicked off a censure debate against Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and five other Cabinet members.

Reading from a prepared statement to the House, Chalerm said Abhisit no longer deserve confidence of the House to remain in office because he had committed several mistakes.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/30098307/Chalerm-kicks-off-censure-debate

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Govt survives no-confidence vote

By: BangkokPost.com

Published: 21/03/2009 at 11:53 AM

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and all five cabinet ministers targetted in the two-day censure debate survived no-confidence vote on Saturday, with Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya receiving fewer votes than his cabinet colleagues.

He said he was pleased with the outcome and dismissed suggestions he would reshuffle the cabinet.

"As Parliament has now showed, they are confident in us and we will move on," the prime minister, a 44-year-old Oxford graduate, said.

Of 449 MPs, 246 voted for Mr Abhisit with 176 votes against. Twelve MPs abstained from voting while 15 others did not cast the votes.

Of the six men, Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya, who was attacked on his "personality issues and his support for the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), had been the most danger of being forced out.

But Mr Kasit won the popular vote by a slightly smaller margin than the other four ministers. Of 446 MPs, 237 voted for Mr Kasit while 184 others voted against him. Twelve MPs abstained from voting while 13 others did not cast the votes.

"It's not a problem...every minister gained more than a 234-vote simple majority," the prime minister told reporter who questioned Mr Kasit's future.

Mr Kasit himself thanked those who voted for him.

"I don't mind that I gained less support as all lawmakers are free to vote, but I will have to be more careful in my work," he said.

Of 447 MPs, 246 voted for Deputy Finance Minister Pradit Phataraprasit with 174 votes against. Twelve MPs abstained from voting while 15 others did not cast the votes. The same vote count went for Finance Minister Korn Chatikavanij.

Of 447 MPs, 246 voted for Interior Minister Chavarat Charnvirakul with 167 votes against. Twenty MPs abstained from voting while 14 others did not cast the votes.

Of 447 MPs, 246 voted for Deputy Interior Minister Boonjong Wongtrairat with 168 votes against. Eighteen MPs abstained from voting while 15 others did not cast the votes.

The vote started about 15 minutes late after opposition MPs criticised House Speaker Chai Chidchob for failing to conduct the vote according to the constitution.

The Democrats have 170 seats out of 465 in parliament, but can count on the support of around 70 coalition partners. The main opposition Puea Thai party has 182 seats.

Puea Thai list-MP Chalerm Yubamrung, who led the censure debate for the opposition, said he was not surprised by the result.

"It was expected that the government would receive enough support... under democratic rule how can you make all people agree on the same issue?" he said

BANGKOK POST

The 12 showed their presence and voted "abstained", while 15 either were not present or just didn't figure out how to use the machine!

There is someone, who want to become next PM.

People told me, that he can only open and close the cover of his laptop in the parliament.

No joke! :surprised:

PM refuses to resign

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva reiterated his refusal to step down on Friday, the second day of the anti-government protest ringing the Government House complex.

"Whether I resign or do not resign from my position will be determined under the normal political proccess," he told reporters at the parliament building.

"I have no engagements there [Government House] today but if I have time I will go there,'

''Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban reassures me there is no problem and we are still going into the compound," he said.

An estimated 30,000 supporters of the United Front of Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) surrounded Government House on Thursday, but police estimated numbers had fallen to about 3,000 on Friday morning.

Services offering massage are set up around the Government House so red-shirt protesters can relax. :surprised:

Security there remained high, with 6,000 soldiers and 3,200 police deployed.

Mr Suthep said he would assess the situation before deciding whether to enter the complex on Friday.

If the protesters obstruct his entry, the deputy prime minister said, he would not try to force his way in, so they could not accuse him of provoking violence.

Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra said in a phone call to his supporters at the rally on Thursday night that he would call in again on Friday and Saturday.

Thaksin's plan to address the protest by video link did not happen. He claimed the link was being blocked.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/138724/pm-refuses-to-resign

Archived