Nancy Pelosi Defends Condoms as Aid for Economy

chuck6660

Mekong,

There is this peculiar New Yorker thing where people take great pains to ignore celebrities. Some people, however, scowl and then go on 10-minute diatribes about how they are completely f'ing uninterested in even the concept of celebrity and how people are idiots for even noticing the celebrity walked into the bar/restaurant.

And then there are some people who just actually ignore the celebrities.

Just a silly, irrelevant and meaningless observation.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HH,

Actually Cent went to a lot of hard work to prove nothing not me.

Actually I am not trying to 'prove' anything. I am looking at what may be the reasons (plural) why there are such a lot of posts being made in the news forum that have to do with the US. Having passports proves nothing at all. Actually your numbers showed that though percentage-wise UK citizens are most likely to have a passport the sheer numbers of US citizens still show that 15 million more Americans DO have passports. So if you relate passport holding to international travel then more Americans travel than UK citizens. But just because someone has a passport doesn't necessarily mean they travel outside their country of residence. It just means they took the time to get a passport and maintain it 'in case' they want to use it to travel or are planning to travel sometime in the future. It says nothing of their frequency of travel outside their country.

Also, I would suspect that due to the UK being so close to Europe, and before the European Union dropped much of the need for a passport to travel within the union, most people in the UK needed a passport to travel anywhere outside their relatively small country to do business or to experience different climates, foods, cultures, etc.

Not so much needed in the vast country of the 50 United States.

Not trying to prove anything, just trying to understand why and have a discussion. :):beer:

Maybe I should just use my time more wisely posting nudie pics in the Sponsors forum? :smirk:

Mekong,

1. Nancy Pelosi Defends Condoms as Aid for Economy â?? US NEWS

2. Geert puts Holland in the news! - DUTCH NEWS

3. BBC loses its impartiality â?? UK NEWS

4. Prince Harry and girl friend split. â?? UK NEWS

5. Obesity bug you can catch! â?? UK NEWS

6. Obama preparing order to close Gitmo â?? US NEWS

7. A failure at suicide â?? US NEWS

8. Brazilian model (feet/hands amputated) dies from drug resistant infection â?? BRAZIL NEWS

9. Knives again!!! â?? UK NEWS

10. KNEE JERK REACTION....BAN KNIVES!!! â?? BELGIAN NEWS

11. Chinese student decapitated at US college â?? US NEWS12. Life on Mars! â?? US/WORLD NEWS

13. SUSHI RAGE: Chef Accused Of Going Knife Wild â?? US NEWS

14.Israeli Air Force uses new US-supplied smart bomb â?? ISRAELI NEWS

15. Norway: 2 killed in shooting outside kindergarten â?? NORWAY NEWS

16. Mexican collapse? Drug wars worry some Americans â?? MEX/US NEWS

17. Jesse Jackson...where is he now??? - US NEWS

18. Inauguration declared 'emergency' â?? US NEWS

19. Half Thai girl's acid rapists only sentenced to 9 years â?? UK NEWS

20. There's always one! â?? CANADIAN NEWS

21. Australia says 2 fishermen rescued; report 18 lost - Aus News

22. crash landing into Hudson River in New York City â?? US NEWS

23. Another big financial scandal! â?? US NEWS

24. I just don't get it!!! â?? US NEWS

25. Prostitute-Rating Web Site Lands Ohio Man in Jail â?? US NEWS

What would a post on wanking count as ?

Pelosi shouldn't have even tried to defend it. Contraception should stand on its own. If she really feels its necessary, say so. It has nothing do with stimulus but just say she thinks its important nonetheless and that its not the first add on to a bill that has a different intention.

I'd rather not see it but its how Washington works.

At the risk of stereotyping, I've seen similar reactions like Mekong's on english football (soccer) forums. It must be a UK thing.

I recall scractching my head in wonder at the things people will complain about on a football (soccer forum): grammar, font (ariel v. new times roman), whether or not the link should be imbedded, too many posts about Tottenham, too many posts about Man Yoo, too many posts about nothing to do with football. There are a great many posters on there I simply scroll by but not wanting to keep their finger on that scroll key for 4 or 5 seconds but complain about the post instead seems to be what some (not all but some) of our UK friends over the edge.

I recall one person on one of my Arsenal forums and I got into a big argument over my posting the story and the link and I was told in no uncertain terms not to do that. The stories are short as most sports stories are. I couldn't understand the issue until I realized it was a cultural as well as generational thing. Younger Brits grow up with American usage and are used to American styles of writing, etc. I think. I only had that problem in a forum where most of the guys were well past 40 or 50. Another Arsenal forum had a much younger crowd, mostly 20s and not a peep about the link issue.

Finally, some of it I think is the 'NY Yankees' or 'Manchester United' syndrome. I hate reading soccer news and they are always mentioning Man Utd. Same with reading about what ever the Yankees are doing in the offseason and saying "who cares, my Phillies won the world series, enough about NYY".

ho ho ho

stop press!!

liechtenstein is in the news again!!

Man Who Blackmailed Liechtenstein Bank Given 63 Months In Jail

The Liechtensteinische Landesbank logo

GroÃ?ansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: The LLB gave the blackmailer 9 million euros

A man who blackmailed a Liechtenstein bank, threatening to expose a list of tax-shy German customers, has been sentenced in Germany to 63 months in jail for extortion.

His two co-accused were given suspended jail terms by the court in the port city of Rostock on Friday, Jan. 23. Michael F., the leader of the scheme, demanded 13 million euros ($17 million) from Liechtensteinische Landesbank (LLB) and did obtain 9 million euros.

The case highlighted tax evasion by rich Germans who open secret "offshore" bank accounts in the Alpine principality of Liechtenstein and "forget" to report the earnings to German tax officials.

In a different case, German intelligence paid for a disk of leaked data from a different Liechtenstein bank, LGT.

In Rostock, judges said the trio had obtained statements for 2,300 bank accounts thought to have belonged to rich Germans.

Prosecutors said the defendant had a long criminal record and should be kept in precautionary custody after serving his minimum sentence, but the court declined this. His surname was withheld by German media because of defamation laws.

Link

whadda ya thinka that?! huh!

i vote for way way way more liechtensteinian news on this board! it's just a complete scandal that this proud nation is being so overlooked by the arrogant bigger countries...who do you think you are heh?!

Archived