Nancy Pelosi Defends Condoms as Aid for Economy

chuck6660

HH, would you rather pay $0.50 for a condom now, or $12k for a bastard kid later?

I don't get your objection. Seems socially & fiscally responsible to me...oh...yeah...a Dem came up with it, so you feel it must be bad, eh? :banghead:

Cheers,

SD

That a Dem would come up with anything laudable would be something new. Instead, this idea was almost laughable. The so-called stimulus package should be designed to get the economy moving NOW...not 15 months down the road. Besides, we both know that those who would use condoms aren't gonna let 50 cents keep them from acquiring one. It's the dumb shit, macho-man that wouldn't use one even if given to him. And bastard-birthing females would likely submit to a protestation by her "loved one" if she pulled one out of her purse. A true Dem should know that! :rotl:

HH

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but the last administration tried a stimulus package and that did more less nothing now (or later) either. We need to face facts, regardless of party, the people running this country are idiots, and we are bigger idiots for repeatedly putting them there.

S for condoms and birth control...yes, I agree, the macho (socio-demographic left out) dipshits will never use them. *BUT* it is possible over time, with education, we could get to the younger groups and change their thinking a bit and at best reduce the number of parasites produced.

As I said before, the key may well be taxing the shit out of these people for having kids, jail any parent not supporting their kids, work camps maybe for deadbeats who shift their responsibility to the tax payers. Most of all, hold people accountable.

Yeah, but the last administration tried a stimulus package and that did more less nothing now (or later) either. We need to face facts, regardless of party, the people running this country are idiots, and we are bigger idiots for repeatedly putting them there.

Yep...of course the economy is in worse shape than it was when the first give-away was approved for the Wall St. tycoons. Now, we have every industry, local/state government, and other special interest group lining up with their fucking hands out! Fuck em all.

HH

I was hoping that the Congress or specifically the Democrats would get together and agree to keep the stimulus package 'pristine'. Basically, no add ons, pork or anything. Its one of the first things they will do and its major.

It goes without saying it will be analyzed by the media, watch dog groups and Republicans.

I don't think you can keep pork out of every bill. It doesn't matter if it is a Dem or Rupub controlled congress, there will always be pork added, however, it would be nice if they would have made a symbolic statement with this one.

Regarding Pelosi, I think everyone from each party and every walk of life pretty much finds her annoying. I am a liberal independent and she makes my skin crawl when she talks. So don't make the mistake of thinking that all non-right-wingers like Pelosi or Reid for that matter. There is a reason why Congress has a lower approval rating than mud. Not all liberals are Democrats. Most of us don't like and don't trust either party. They are both corrupt and they are both inept. It was just that Republicans took both attributes to new levels of accomplishment.

CS...you're right that this is the first major, major issue for Obama. And he's gonna draw a lot of heat that could scar him for a long time if he/his staff do not scrutinize this legislation carefully for "pork". That was one of his major campaign themes. We shall see what we shall see.

The economy is such right now that so many elements are entangled that attacking only one problem will not be enough. At the same time, spreading the available funds too thin across the board will be of little use except for a few days and a few jobs.

The legislators keep talking about jobs. Shit, renounce some trade treaties and get the jobs back that have been exported. Might piss off some other countries, but I'm more worried about my neighbor than Won Hung Lo 6000 miles away. Revert to more/higher duties on imported goods. Means more revenue for the government and easier for U.S. goods to be produced on a more competitive basis.

HH

Yeah' date=' but the last administration tried a stimulus package and that did more less nothing now (or later) either. We need to face facts, regardless of party, the people running this country are idiots, and we are bigger idiots for repeatedly putting them there.

[/quote']

Yep...of course the economy is in worse shape than it was when the first give-away was approved for the Wall St. tycoons. Now, we have every industry, local/state government, and other special interest group lining up with their fucking hands out! Fuck em all.

HH

Hand outs are pissing me off. Bigger pisser yet is the greedy government workers (clerks, cops, firemen, politicians etc) refusing to do their part. We are all taking cuts and losing benifits except these pricks, they just raise taxes to cover their free ride. Fuck them as well I say! As long as the rest of the country is giving back, so should these ass puppets.

As you said in another post, the new stimulus package needs to be 100% kosher or halal in this case maybe? :) as in No pork! It also needs to contain incentives to stop off shore outsourcing of jobs.

I was hoping that the Congress or specifically the Democrats would get together and agree to keep the stimulus package 'pristine'. Basically, no add ons, pork or anything. Its one of the first things they will do and its major.

It goes without saying it will be analyzed by the media, watch dog groups and Republicans.

I don't think you can keep pork out of every bill. It doesn't matter if it is a Dem or Rupub controlled congress, there will always be pork added, however, it would be nice if they would have made a symbolic statement with this one.

CS-

Don't hope for too much!!

Harry reid, and nancy Pelosi (I wonder if her tits are real?)are some of the biggest pork barrel politicians the US has produced.

Your right that the Demograts are almost as bad as the Republicans were, power corrupts.

I'm glad Obama has paid back ACORN, :content: I wonder how they are going to help stimulate the economy?

Same shit no matter who is in charge!

HH and Chuck,

My take is that the problems are so huge, it really can't be resolved. You pretty much have to minimize it getting worse and pray it ends quickly.

Economies are cyclical. You learn that in your first class Econ 101 in every college. It trends up but it takes dips. All you can do is try and shorten the severity and length of the dips.

This dip is a doozy and was largely avoidable. Won't spend time on the blame game, I'll just talk about what needs to be done.

Frankly, its just gotta run its course and Obama has to pray it turns around before 2012.

I have a strange feeling its going to be some of his fellow Dems and not Republicans that he may have some 'fights' with. Not so much about ideology but how the government works and how it conducts its business.

So far, Obama is far more centrist that a lot of folks on the right thought he'd be.

At some point the economy will turn around. Revenue will come back. However we'll have what would seem like an insurmountable debt at that time. Will we use that money to pay it down? I don't think so. Both parties will spend it.

The problem for the future are where are the jobs for those that don't go to college? You used to be able to find a job that paid enough to have a family and a small house. Those jobs are gone. Only specialized trades pay enough where you don't need a degree and a bachelors degree today is the HS diploma of 40 years ago. Call centers are either requiring degrees or they are inundated with degreed persons for those positions.

Archived