What are my odds?

quote:

Originally posted by seeker:

You guys have me worried now. BG in BKK lives on soi 81, BG in Pattaya lives next to Lek Hotel - 2nd Road (I know, I know - I can't go on Beach Road or Second Road).

Hahahahhahahhaha... :-) Well, there are some Karaoke shacks on 3rd road... And then there's Jomtien of course. (Winchester)

>If I was a BG, I wouldn't believe the >possible excuses mentioned.

Whoa, Pattaya127 also mentioned that, but we're talking about a whole new dimension to lying here. They don't HAVE to believe it. They're not even expected to believe it. Who gives a #### what they believe anyway, that is, in the unlikely circumstance that you would even know what they believe. cool.gif" border="0

You see, in the West, 'truth' is pretty much a Boolean concept: Something is either 'true', or it is a lie. That's just _so_ one-dimensional!

Even the purpose of the lie is different. You will NOT be lying to try to cover your ass and hope not to be found out. You will be lying for HER sake, to save HER face. By lying, you're doing her a favour and you're showing her you care. After all if you didn't care about her you wouldn't bother with the lie would you, you'd just say you're going to butterfly; she might as well be dust.

>If I had a girl back home, why would I be

>going on holiday in LOS on my own?

Hhahahahahahahhahaha.. open a TAT brochure. Or you're on business of course. Loads of people go to Thailand on business, or they manage to plan lot's of stopovers in Bangkok anyway.

>And business isn't a great excuse if I'm

>only there for a couple of weeks.

Yes that would be way long for a business trip. The average time a visitor spends in Thailand is just under 10 days according to the TAT website. I don't think it matters.

>And don't these BGs have memory like >elephants! BKK BG rang last night and asked

>me what day I arrive. I knew I lied when I

>told her last time, but I didn't know what

>day!!! So I guessed, and she immediately

>pounced, saying it was different to what I

>told her before.

Hahahahhaahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaahaha!!!

*Never* guess. Ever. Either you can't remember yourself, or say you're having trouble with the reconfirmation of your ticket and it's still up in the air, but that you'll make every conceivable effort to get overthere as soon as humanly possible. :-) Pretend you're a politician: Don't commit to anything!

Cheers (& good luck!!),

Chanchao

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you guys are exaggerating the bar girl network a bit. I've done it before a few times for several days at a time with no hitches. Of course I was pretty careful... not going anywhere near where GF frequents, and keeping appearances in public to a minumum. Shopping malls, walking street, and popular discos are good places to get found out. I swear I see more bar girls that I know at Royal Garden than anywhere else. Avoid that place like the plague.

I did get 'caught' after 4 days about a month ago. A friend of a ex-GF that went off to marry a few months ago saw me with a another girl. Word finally made it back to her last week, and got a semi-hurt letter. (go figure... she's married!)

Just do it... if you get caught, just let you GF know she should be extra good to you and you won't stray again. laugh.gif" border="0

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: worldwalker ]

quote:

Originally posted by pattaya127:

"why you speak you have farang woman, you not come with her, i don't believe she want you go alone. same like me, she good woman, wait for you but you make ploblem".

"Sorry honey, but I have to go for work. She knows that if I don't go then I don't make money. Too bad but that's the way it is. I'm not rich like other Farang. Have to work to make money. Yes she's a good woman. *you're* a good woman. And I'm a good man who has to do the right thing. BTW, my friend tell me you have many boyfriends. This made me very sad also but I understand.

>I have used this excuse ("have to go") many

>times, and it did not matter if she

>believed me or not, it just screwed the

>relationship and worse, you think all is

>fine until the next real argument.

Who needs arguments anyway... I just *leave* for the night when I can see an argument looming. And this is with my long term gf / fiancee!! With a bg I would have left even sooner! It's been years since I last had an argument with a bargirl. Well there was the time I didn't tell a girl I was in Bangkok until she called me in my hotel room from the reception downstairs while I was with another girl. "Ermm.. no this isn's a good time right now.." smile.gif" border="0 No need for lies in this case, I just admitted that I was bad. Needless to say we made up later and laughed about the whole thing. smile.gif" border="0

Cheers,

Chanchao

just adding 2 rhings, Chanchao. Your "have to work" explanation went over the 5 seconds allocated. After that, you were the only one listening to yourself!LOL

Also, BG, TG, allGs, who cares? if caught, one is bound for a moment of crisis. If you cheat on your girl and leaves the house before she can get the argument going, you may have to replace a few things in it, in my experience, not IMO. Apparently, arguments are a ritual for women, and it may not be healthy to just take in the good times and avoid the bad ones. I certainly learnt about women's mind workings by listening to their irrate words.

I agree with Greg...stay at a different hotel (or more than one) before your arrival date. Pick 'em so they're not close by each other - Stay at the Tai Pan near Cowboy for your pretrip - trip and then Grand President, Nana, Majestice, etc. for your trip.

Your plan won't work unless your gf is naive; a word I haven't used to describe Thai bargirls. Chok dii anyway, though.

Chicago Dave

I have developed a cunning plan.

At all times I will carry with me a copy of the BKK Post. If ever I happen to see one of these BGs on the street, I will suddenly develop a very close interest in a story on the middle pages.

If any of you guys see a tallish white guy walking particularly quickly down Sukhumvit or Beach Road with his head buried in the paper, you'll know its me.

Or for that matter a guy suddenly diving behind the pots and pans of a street stall.

Or cannily trying on a t-shirt and getting it stuck over his head for two or three minutes, agreeing to buy it and wearing it down the street like that.

What a tangled web we weave - made to feel like a heel for cheating on a BG!

Wow, talk about the gf experience! I read all the posts and the thing that struck me is, that the BG's get to sleep around, so why can't you? From what I read, if you play these games, you somehow get better sex. Maybe if you just tell them upfront your intentions you are better off in the long run. One thing I know I value more than sex is feeling safe from hassle. wink.gif" border="0

The trick is to not get yourself into the situation to start with - unless of course you enjoy it.

I've found the 'girlfriend experience' a little uncomfoartable at times. You need to let them know, subtly of course, that you are bound to ditch them at any time. Make sure they know that your relationship will be for a finite period from the very beginning.

Its not easy to let them go, but having a few baht in their had tends to make it a bit easier for them.

My first trip to Thailand, I found myself leaving Chiang Mai, Samui and Pattaya like some sort of criminal because these girls were on my ass.

Just remember - its up to you, and they know that.

My question is, what are my odds of doing the butterflying without being discovered? Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid detection?

If your anything like me the Cosmic Joker(fate)will have some fun with you.Think back in the past when you have tried to avoid certain people for whatever reason.What happens?,you inevitably bump straight into them.If I happened to be in your shoes(I will be soon laugh.gif" border="0 )even if I went butterflying in Change Mai,I would be seen in the first hour!

Archived