What are my odds?

Here's the situation. I have a regular BG in Bangkok, who works in a NEP bar, and one in Pattaya, who works in a beer bar on Beach Rd.

I arrive in LOS in less than a month (YES!!). While I do want to hook up with both on my trip, I plan a few days beforehand in both places to do some butterflying.

I'm staying in the same hotels they know I stay in. They both know I'm coming, but think I arrive about a week after I actually do.

My question is, what are my odds of doing the butterflying without being discovered? Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid detection?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You like to live a dangerous life?

The odds are against you, the BG network will instantly detect you, report you and you'll be in trouble.

The best that can happen to you is that they are angry with you and don't want to see you anymore (Unless they have no customer and need your money). The worst? Well... You will make many pre-op katoeys jealous...

another eventful trip report in the process. in Pattaya, you have about 24 to 36 hours before being discovered if some of her G/Fs know you , and i would be very careful about the hotel desk being asked by G/F when you arrived. Even without the grapevine, they have antennas and feel a fish from afar. 1 out of 5 you won't get caught, and 1 out of 10 that her antennas are disconnected.

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: pattaya127 ]

I was figuring on just avoiding NEP and a small part of Beach Road for the butterflying period.

Is the BG grapevine that strong? Would any of their friends even recognise me? I tried a similar thing on my last trip, and thought I'd got away with the whole jig. Then, predictably, I step out of hotel with my suitcase to get taxi to airport, and literally bump into the BG I'd spent the entire previous trip with. She wasn't impressed, but seeing as I was going to the airport, wasn't much she could do.

Damn! That reminds me, I have to avoid her too! (Works in Soi 4 bar)

Ya know those Groucho Marx disguise thingys...?

Really, you are living dangerously my man. I think you know that. If I was you, I wouldn't worry about being spotted by the gals themselves. Odds are that will not happen. However, what will happen is one of her friends (and they have oodles of friends) that knows you will spot you, report in, and you are screwed. I estimate a 90% chance you will be found out. Not too encouraging, huh?

One possible suggestion: if you must butterfly on their asses, frequent different venues (i.e., massage parlors, discos, gogos, etc.) and locations (Patpong, Soi Cowboy, other beer bar spots) and hope for the best.

Nah, they probably have friends there too.

Can you say 'feed the ducks?'

Maybe, you have the "clinton" syndrome: you need the danger and risk-taking!!!

Otherwise, ask yourself what you prefer, lose the G/F, (or) create problems with her, or butterfly without worrying. Unless you want to walk 2nd road all the time, during a week, at some point you will need to take Beach Rd, and can you avoid all the "see and be seen" spots like discos and Walking st.?

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: pattaya127 ]

I have asked myself - I want both!! I want to keep these girls as regulars, but nothing more than that. Try telling them that.

Last time with this BG in Pattaya, I told her I wanted a night off. She was far from impressed. She showed up at my hotel room at 8am the next morning. (Lucky I'd gone a ST the previous night, having anticipated this tactic).

As for Beach Road, figured I'd take a samlor when I needed to get from Soi 8 up to Walking Street. Back to the bar, facing the sea.

I was hoping to rely on the 'all farangs look same-same' theory, and I wouldn't be quickly recognised. Wishful thinking I guess

Especially if the samlor stalls as usual because of traffic, and then your girl sees you FROM the beach because she was getting a snack from the beach vendors. Going anywhere close to her bar is adding insult to injury, she'll be even more affected by that than learning from someone else. Your only chance is to stick to the bars further out on Naklua Rd and still hope her friends don't go to "Star Dice" disco. Plus, it is not just where they work, it's where they live.... (everywhere!)

Man, You're as done as a belly-up fish in Pattaya Bay!

The one thing I would do if I were you I would change your hotel for the week you want to butterfly. Still I think your odds of getting caught are fairly high as the bargirl network is fairly wide. For the girl in Nana I would stick to Patpong and for the one in Pattaya just find a Bar as far away from where she works and lives. After that all I can do is wish you the best of luck.

Francis

I just had a related experience this passed trip. I was comming back to my hotel (Majestic) with a new girl (from Lollipops in NEP). Who should be waiting in the lobby? My regular from the last three trips (the one with the psych ex-BF I wrote about in another post) and her friend. Seems her friend had spotted me, went and found this girl, and then brought her to my hotel! The "regular" took it in stride, we spoke a few minutes while the new girl went upstairs. I was back in the room about 10 minutes when the questions started! I had a hard time getting her to leave after that, as she was convinced I was going to see the other girl, which was of course the case!

A few days later, at about 2:30 in the morning, I was buying some street food on the way back to the hotel, and I am stopped by the new girl. She demanded to come to my hotel to make sure I was alone! She said she came by the previous day and saw me with another girl, and preceeded to describe her to a "T", to convince me she was not making it up. Remember, I had spent just one night with her, and a long next day. I had concidered a second night with her, but her jelous attitude changed my mind.

Moral here...they usually find out! and can become quite pissed when they do! Of course, there is always the chance they will understand, take a likeing to eachother, and the three of you can have a great holiday, with of course the occassional "butterfly" to boot! What would you say the odds of that are?

Archived