What are my odds?

Rusty - Quick story... I was in BKK about 20 months ago and hooked up with a girl from the Golden Beer Bar. She and I did our thing for a few days and it took me quite a while to end things (via emails) with her. The next time I went back was 11 months after my prior trip.

To avoid running into her, I stayed at a different hotel, so she wouldn't think to check for my name. And, to make sure she wasn't around the bar anymore, I had a "world famous private investigator" check out the Golden Beer Bar to see if she still worked there. He told me "no". The only trouble was that he didn't check the day staff, which is when she worked.

Anyway, I get the green light. I fly into Bangers at 2300 hours, get to the Grand President, shower, change and get onto Sukhumvit by around 0100. Guess who I run into ALMOST IMMEDIATELY? That's right. In spite of the fact that she was with a farang, the scene was not a lot of fun for me. I laugh about it now, but I didn't go near the Golden on Soi Nana except late on my way to Nana Plaza and then, wearing dark glasses and keeping my head turned away from that side of the street.

Sorry that was so long, but shite happens and, even with advance planning, karma is karma. Cheers. Chicago Dave laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: chicago dave ]

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I quite frankly find the whole you no butterfly thing by the bar girls amusing WHEN the farang is intimidated by it.

As long as you're paying the girls then they have to put up or shut up. Grow some balls and tell the hookers that you want a little action on the side.

If they don't like it then it's time to either stop screwing other hookers or get some new ones.

Either way don't let a hooker tell you who you can or can not have sex with.

Three years ago whilst walking to work I found a wallet,it contained £84($120).I thought should I, shouldn,t I?It also contained photograghs of the old boys deceased wife and his long dead dog.I didn,t have the heart to keep it and luckily for him it had his address in it.I returned it the next day for which he was extremely grateful.Two days later I recieved a letter from a lawyer informing me that some auntie whom I had not seen for years had died making me £1500($2200)richer.This windfall help finance my first trip to Los,Australia and Singerpore.The point of this is if I had kept it I would have got a bill for a similar amount!

Karma does definetly get you.Did you read my "Bad karma on the t.v" post crazy.gif" border="0

Kaiser - Last time I looked, my balls were in place and doing fine, but thanks for your advice. There is a fundamental difference between a bargirl you spend three days or a week with, in and out of bed, almost like you're both on vacation, and a st girl you hire for an hour or two for a quick romp and then kick loose.

The st girl knows she has no claim on you, but a girl you've spent considerable time with and laughed, and traveled and took to dinner, is concerned about her face as well as her income. And, who knows? Maybe she even liked being with you.

You know she's a hooker, she knows she's a hooker, but you know it's a game they play. Its not that different anywhere in the world with nonprofessional girls, why should Thai girls (who think of themselves as girlfriends - for - rent) think any differently? I don't think most guys are really concerned about a jealous lover, they are concerned about a nasty scene being played out. Or, they may be concerned about hurting the feelings of a person they had a great time with, regardless of their choice of profession. My take anyway. I'll go check my balls now.

Rusty - no I haven't seen the post.

Chicago Dave

The bar girl net work I find fascinating. For those of you that know Lamai you will know that there is a big white elephant development Angor Wat, huge very impressive.

To cut a long story short you will know that there are some bars near there that hardly do any business.

For that reason I always go up and patronise them, the girls there are very nice but most dont go with customers.

I had been with the same girl from one of the hexagon bars near the muay thai for 3 days.(in lamai centre)

On the 4th night she said that she had bumped in to one of the girls near ango wat and this girl proceeded to tell the one I was with all about the other girls I had seen prior to that one and my tastes in bed, which I was a little concerned about not that they were a cause for concern merely that I had not actually slept with 2 of them because I couldnt be bothered and was too drunk in the evening.

What I found so amazing was that I had not taken any of those other girls up to the Angor wat development nor had I seen the girl from Angor wat down in Lamai centre Amazing!!

I found myself explaining to the girl why I hadn't actually slept with the girls that seemed to perplex her a great deal you baa, you baa she said

On the same note some other BG pointed out to me two total arseholes, that was evident!!

And proceeded to tell me what scumbags they were.

For those you familiar with Lamai you might know them Australian and English I think always on a big trail bike!!

[ October 18, 2001: Message edited by: spirit_of_town_hall ]

Windy City Dave, I'm terribly glad your balls are attached and doing well. You had me worried there for awhile that a girl up and took them like a thief in the night(:

I'm all for the girlfriend experience which I believe can be successfully had with a healthy amount of butterflying if you establish the ground rules from the beginning and show her who's boss.

IMHO too many butterflies hand over control to the girls from the get go and then scheme little plans to screw around behind their girls backs. This is too high school for me. I find it much healthier to tell the girl from the start that you need a little variety and she's more than welcome to join in.

If not fine, but then you're going to forage alone in the woods for a little while. But her job as the "bottom bitch" is secure as long as things go well so she doesn't have to worry about the money not coming in.

It's worked for me, but the key is to be honest, upfront and respectively assertive with them from the beginning.

I am surprised that everyone seems to have so much trouble with BGs.

Once you do the deed and pay the cash, what is the problem? Is everybody making promises they don't intend to keep? I agree with the one comment that you play, you pay and that is it.

Hey Chi-Town Dave, Come to think of it I think some blokes like the thrill of sneaking around behing their bar girls' backs. I'm sure it's a kind of rush.

If so, that's cool. Unfortunately the written description of it comes across a tad "????" (need thesaurus!).

Cheers!

Kaiser - There's no thrill involved for me!!! LOL

This girl from the Golden I spoke about above was just very possessive about her tee ruks (told me in emails how much I meant to her, etc., which was a big joke and not believed at all) and I had spent effort telling her via emails that I didn't think I was coming back to BKK anyway. I just did not care to see her anymore with all the available options, but I didn't want a scene or to make her feel bad. I do understand the concept of "face" even though I don't totally buy into it. She was nice enough with me and I did spend three very enjoyable days with her, so she was more than a s/t thing and a little less easily dismissed.

Anyway, here I am after all that time, and in BKK LESS THAN TWO HOURS FROM THE TIME MY PLANE TOUCHED DOWN, I have not even SEEN ANY BGs YET, I'm walking down soi 11 with a HUGE grin on my face, turn the corner onto Sukhumvit and she walks right into me. WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THAT!?! I couldn't believe it and tried to play it off as well as I could, but after the shock wore off (about 5 seconds) boy, was she pissed off! Her boyfriend for the evening didn't know whether to pee or wind his watch!

I am still convinced it is a good thing I was not booked at the same hotel as last time, because she never found me after that, if indeed she tried to track me down.

Anyhow, this attitude they have is one of the things that makes the scene in LOS unique and its sort of fun to see guys who get themselves into that situation. Having been one before, I enjoy it even more.

I have to go check my balls now!

Chicago Dave laugh.gif" border="0

Archived