Hua Hin to Cha-Am - Don't spare the horses! ;)

Ryder

Taking this highway at full-speed on a CBR 150 may not seem that death-defying but TIT and the roads are not always what they seem ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqnyHmmM7-s

So you've got to be careful on this road and on the top of your game.

It's arrow-straight for the most part but there are people just swerving and u-turning up on ahead in front of you.

Be wary, a biker buddy of ours was nearly killed when he hit a 'pull-out' bike as he rocketed along at 260kph!!!! People out in Thailand aren't quite used to those speeds when doing their u-turns and the like.

But no such craziness on this vid, more 'sober' speed of around 130-140 kph.

Once into Cha-am it was back to normal and touring as usual.

Mmmm. The camera definitely needs adjusting, all I see most of the time is the center road divider. Interested in what setup you're using, and is it any good at night? May want to eventually stick one in the car, right next to the radar detector...

It's plain silly to be doing 260 kph, most of the people using that road barely tootle along and take half a minute just to complete a u-turn. 140 kph on two wheels is also pretty risky, even though it's quite a nice road. I remember it from the time before they built the tunnel...

You also post quite a bit on the HHAD.com website, don't you? I enjoy the videos as I travel around quite a bit too. Can't quite place the bits where you passed through Lopburi, though.

Drive safe, I look forward to see more..

Archived