Visa to US for Thai Lady in Prague

ROOSTY

I totally disagree with the non-Yank posters above. I still say she should qualify for a tourist visa given what you have stated (and certainly disagree with BB's statement that his wife would not qualify!).

But...up to you.

Cheers,

SD

No, she does not qualify, I need to garantee her income and blabla :(

Plus you need to pay in advance to ask questions on which documents are needed, and too many hoops to jump through just to visit a country that does actually not want you there.

Believe me, we tried for 3 months, and they keep asking more shit.

We'll wait another 18 months for her Belgian passport to come through, and we'll visit NYC, as thats her dream :dunno:

BB

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

My beloved got a 10 year tourist visa on her thai passport at the US embassy in london-good for 10 years....well, 5 now. did having a uk visa help?...it really wasn't as difficult as i imagined. in fact more helpful than the schengen visa to austria which had to be applied for 3 times on each visit, why cant a 10 year visa be given???

Ah, so in reality you just don't want to be bothered with the bureaucracy. I understand that totally. But I still maintain she'd qualify for a tourist visa if you saw the process through...

Cheers,

SD

No, she does not, re-read my post, "I" need to garantee her income.

And the bureacracy here in Brussels makes contact near impossible.

Mai pen rai, many nicer places she also wants to visit !

BB

I thought that a person's case for a US tourist visas could not be helped by someone being their guarantee. Maybe that is an exception for a married couple?

I knew in the UK it was different, but I thought the considerations by the US embassy would be limited to the likelihood they will be leaving after their stay, so things like property, education and a good job to return to were more compelling then a boyfriend who can pay for the holiday.

I donâ??t think there would be any problem for your GF to get the visa in Prague. She has a job, long term visa, etc. One caveat would be you need to stay out of it as if they think she is going to meet a BF they might suspect she would stay. Would recommend she buy return tickets before applying or maybe sign up for a tour group and say on the application she is going for tourism, which is true.

BB is dead wrong on his understanding of how to get a US tourist visa and it would be nice if people that have no idea how it works not post such misinformation and discouraging people like yourself from going forward with what is a simple process. In fact, Thais like his wife, married to a non-US citizen, residing in Europe, are almost automatically approved since they have no reason not to return. His wife could go apply right now, with no more documentation then her Thai passport, Belgium resident visa, and maybe copies of a joint bank account and his wife, after a cursory interview, would get a 10 multi entry visa, just like Philâ??s wife did.

TH

Guest lazyphil

i prepared a folder full of her payslips, bank statements, birth certificates, medical card, letter from her boss, anything i could think of. all they looked at she said (i wasn't allowed in the embassy at all!) was her passport and bosses supporting letter and asked how many hours she worked, they didn't look at the rest of the folder i spent ages sorting out!...it really is easy and this was only a couple of years post 9/11 when they were hyper sensitive.

TH,

We paid the fee to allow one to call and ask the required questions we had.

We called the person and received very abnoxious replies on what was needed.

My whole point is that as a stand alone person, my wife has NO chance of getting a visa, without my help / garantee/ show of income / etc....

THAT was my reply to the OP.

Please do re-read my first reply.

Yes, we can obtain her a visa, but why bother if she can wait a bit longer ?

BB

If anyone has more insight, I would love to hear it.

As of now, I am visiting Prague in April and will look into her beginning the process afterward. At the very least, i need her boss to right the letter about her employment. If he says no, I can make arrangements from there. If she is still able to work, I probably will wait a bit before she goes back to Thailand and applies for a visa. If the boss does not want her to work (I don't see that as a possibility because then she won't have to pay to get out of the job) I would feel comfortable to send her back to Thailand and start the process immediately.

It is the "only 90 days" part of the fiance visa that concerns me. Friends are telling me 90 days is a lot to learn about someone, but it seems too short to me now. I have known her for almost 2 years, but have only been in the same place as her for about 40 days.

Archived