Ghost flight!

Thanksgiving Day in 1997, I was on a Northwest 747 redeye flight from Osaka to Los Angles that had less than 20 passenger's on it. Everyone had a row to themselves and there was no schedule meal service, the flight attendants told us at the beginning of the flight if you where hungery let them know and they would make you a meal. Of course once we got to LA is was nut-to-butt the rest of the way.

Guest lazyphil

i flew a 747 from heathrow to frankfurt with namibia airlines (or air namibia?) with no more than 5 or 6 people in economy at least....on arrival in germany it filled up to the max!!!.....dropped most in windhook and i continued to johannesburg (and you think detroit is dangerous!!) with lots of space to spread out!

Thanksgiving Day in 1997, I was on a Northwest 747 redeye flight from Osaka to Los Angles that had less than 20 passenger's on it.

redeye flight from Osaka to LAX? there is plenty of time to sleep! 10 hours or so...

what i call a red eyes flight is from west- to eastcoast during night or vv (4-5 hours)

or in Asia BKK to japan, korea, shanghai, beijing

I find most of this news extremely heartening, after TB reported that his flight was full. Would actually choose a 24% full cattle class over an upgrade into a (full) Business class, personally - the crappers dont take anywhere near the same pounding, people spread out and you can breathe.

SD, you are one lucky son of a gun. How did you enjoy Melbourne's heatwave ?

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from a trip using EVA from SFO via Taipei. The TPE-BKK flight on Feb. 8 had

exactly 200 passengers on a 777-300 that holds 317. Immigration was a nightmare though because an S7 flight from Moscow got in a few minutes before us, and seemingly no one from that flight had their immigration forms filled out properly.

My flight back on Feb. 12 that I was originally booked on, BR212 which was a daily flight was changed to 5 days a week due to the drop in traffic, and of course one of those days was when I was flying. I ended up on BR68, a 747-400 which originates in London, and had quite a few passengers going all the way from London to Taipei; there were about 100 us just boarding in BKK.

Archived