Argghhh!

Steve

Some object fell out of a back of a truck on the freeway and broke my right front light and turn signal light.

Just came back from the mechanics. $235 effing dollars! That's just for parts. Lights are $235!! WTF!! Luckily my mechanic is super cool and didn't charge me for labor.

Its not like I drive a Bentley. Its a 1997 Hyuandai Accent. Basically a go-kart with a roof over it.

Please say good-bye to the formerly great and once global super power the United States of America. Now to be written in the annals of history along former great powers. Like most of its predecessors, their death was mostly self inflicted.

The best of luck to China and India who will take over our mantle. You will do wisely to learn from our mistakes but history suggests you'll repeat the same ones we did just as we failed to heed those before us.

When I came back from a long stay overseas in '06 I bought it for $1,750 cash. Runs like a charm. Drinks gas like a songbird. Nary a problem, save the usual stuff.

Insurance is neglible because its basic salvage value. I report it and the increase won't be worth it.

I thought about buying a newer car but it rans so well and why take on payments? Girls don't like it but who cares, we take their car for a nice night out. :smirk:

My mechanic is great. He had this apologetic look on his face. It took him 15 minutes to install it. Said, don't worry about the labor Steve.

The auction websites have most every automotive part. Then there are salvage yards. The salvage yards here are mostly all interconnected and can obtain a used part.

Be thankful you don't have a Mercedes. The headlight alone costs US $3,200 on some models. That's for one headlight.

Guest lazyphil

not sure what it had to do with americas demise....however i feel for you, i grew to like that car, at least it didn't break down in the 'jungle' :chili:

my car needs welding up, got a good mate who will weld it up for free but has to call another mate to borrow his welder for a few hours, its in his works yard in chelmsford.....neds doing before its MOT in july........cars bore me to death. :(

Archived