The New Theme Song of Nana Disco

preahko

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd give my eye teeth to know the whereabouts of those funky Issan bunnies that just melted away somewhere. They took a delight in dressing for the occasion and then had a good time and had a paying partner for the night to help with the rent .

Surely they still need help with the rent in these harder times !

pre entrance fee days the ND was a float in and out place ,gals went in and out via the front and back doors ,people mooching around in the lobby and the ladies toilets/bag drop were jam packed so you knew how busy it was. It was a busy place . the only trouble was the drinks ladies were as fierce as junk yard dogs and if your glass was looking half full they wouldn't leave you alone ! So i suspect thats why they introduced the entrance fee to boost takings as customers weren't buying enough booze . But it seems to have had the opposite effect .I used to sit out in the lobby with a drink and check them in then you knew who to aim for as it was a tad dark inside and you could end up with a minger by mistake.

But taking a walk over to the Grace disco that place is really wierd ,never even seen a female in there just tons of arabian gentlemen .

if i look at my pulls from the ND they were a nice selection ,most seem to have had some kind of menial low paying job ,easy going ,good attitude,fun gals, no hassles over money and a parting shag and BJ in the morning ,certainly they all appear to be consistently a better bunch than from elsewhere .

the entrance fee might be a problem ,maybe 100baht might be ok . banish the bag checks too.

banish the desk too.

maybe have a entrance round the back by the boilers ,with a covered awning with fancy lights and neon .

it will need to be a cruise in/out place like before to get them back .But then theres all the big earning bars in the soi that wernt there when the disco was good .The owners want big earnings from the disco.

and in its previous form that may not be possible so its a catch22 situation .

I visit BKK once every year and a half or so. Went to Angel back in 2000 first time, and it did get worse and worse every visit. I also noticed that the little table where they'd take your entry fee kept moving up. It used to be right at the door (back when it was full) but gradually moved way out into the lobby bar area -- the deader it got, the further away they had to move this table so they could hide the fact that the club was empty. Pretty pathetic. On one visit I said, well let me look in and see if it's worth going. Refused. Whatever.

Also--maybe this doesn't bother some folks, but it bothered me--they really treated the girls like shit, which is absurd in my book since they totally depend(ed) on the girls to keep the place filled with farangs.

How exactly did they treat the girls like shit? What would they do?

I wonder if this angle also had something to do with its demise.

This place used to be better than Thermae and BG7, at least around 2000-2001 anyway, when I first started going. It was jam packed, tons of girls there. Better quality than T or BG, for sure.

Staff would hound them to buy a stupid coke (or whatever) the second they walked in the door, and use really insulting language to talk to them, both waitstaff and the door people treated them like trash (it's sometimes subtle but if you understand Thai very well it's obvious). And I once saw the manager (owner?) kick a girl out because she was "dressed weird" (she was a regular, had a real sense of style, I always used to love seeing the outfits she would come up with).

as for the flyers these need to be issued all around town not in soi4 as they do now.

these should be in Thai and read something like 'meet the farang of your dreams at the ND'

so the gals can visit the ND with a clear conscience and see what develops !

those wait staff were evil .i had a few run ins with them and i had a half full glass .

Archived