Saudi/Thai Jewelry Theft

zen4dummies

Does anyone know where I can find the story of the Saudi/Thai jewelry theft. The only information I can find is on highbeam.com and they want my credit card (for a 7 day 'free' trial) plus a few other sites that have very scant information. Has there been a book written on this?

Thanks, zen

Try google. Should be lots of news items on it.

Google is what I used and came up with that highbeams website or other sites that refered me to highbeams.com or sites with very little information. I used "saudi thai jewelry theft" and not as a phrase but as "all of these words".

Google is my homepage.

This problem occured before I moved to Thailand and I thought there might be a book on it or at least a source that did not require me to give a credit card number.

Thanks, zen

Never heard of any book about it. It was an embarassing matter for several Thai governments, especially when the Saudi diplomats were murdered. The Saudis broke off diplomatic relations and still haven't restored them. Previous to that one saw a lot of Saudi tourists around the Grace Hotel. Thai companies also had contracts in Saudi Arabia. All of that ended suddenly. Succeeding governments have been reluctant to reopen the case, until Abhisit recently asked the police to do so. Lots of rumours around, but that's all they are. No one knows where the missing jewellery went. My guess is it's still hidden away somewhere in Thailand.

If you want to read some good crime tales about Thailand, look up the books on Charles Sobhraj, the mass murderer who was killing people here in the 1970s and '80s.

Link

Archived