Spain, bombs and guns

drogon

The other day we heard an explosion then looking through the office's windows we saw smoke, then of course a lot of police/guardia civil cars etc...

and of course some choppers.

Today a colleague (he is Basque) who was on a business trip for the company witnessed today's explosion...

Something which sometimes suprises tourists is the number of police and guardia civil people in the street...

Near (not too close though so a big explosion would just break my windows) my flat there is a guardia civil building...

I must admit these men look rather strange when they wear their typical hats but being part of the military -> they are also more professional than the average police here and I wouldn't try to joke with them -> their weapons are loaded with real ammos....for obvious reasons as they are the ones ETA kills.

All this to say, this is quite strange to sometimes witness some terrorist attacks but I can't stop wondering -> if ETA decided one day to plant bombs to kill many civilians...what would Spain become.

This is my last week with this company but I must say that its location seems special -> having in one year witnessed a bomb attack and one plane crash (the big Spanair crash).

As a sidenote:

This office is just next to a big road, every week there is a special convoy passes on this road....

In fact the convoy is constituted of two big trucks.......and 6 to 8 guardia civil cars and sometimes a chopper.

The convoy in fact carries every week....euros in banknotes from the printing building to the national/central bank "depot".

We played a small game trying to calculate how much each truck carried -> conclusion: With the content of only one truck all of us can retire and live like kings...

:beer:

Sorry for this long useless post but I don't feel that happy this days and quite bored....

I finish on friday...and I sign a new contract with another US company on friday too -> didn't find any decent job in Asia.

I first thought I would get a better job in Paris but the French bank has decided to kill the project they were hiring people for...

Still, I can't complain as I have a decent job.

I want to go back to Asia....simply because I am socially inadapted to the west...

but since I can't, I just wanted to move to any other EU city but sadly no company in other EU countries made a decent offer therefore I remain here....

Dogrot,

Man, kudos, keep bringin da noos. It's cool the way you tell it, not always easy after a good skinful but the next day I get it!

Tonight was much beer in the local mall then Klong Peng, big party night, typical Thai style, even on a Monday with all the regular Thai folk, factory, office, business, they all want to get it on, unless really stuck up of course. Shit I can't keep up, left my wife and her no.1 girlfriend hangin ten but I need to crash. Anyway hope the job fixes up good and you keep feeding the us stuck here in Disneyland(the real one) all the noos.

To you!!!

Archived