Patpong! No Thanks!!!

Sarisin

>How come I've never had any of that happen to me in Patpong,

I agree. I suggest Sarasin just had a bad night. I went through the 'pong earlier this week and had nothing but top notch service in Kings and Thigh bars. In the latter they were back on 80B coke lady drinks as well and fixed me up with some ST action upstairs at a reasonable rate...

Cheers,

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great! You guys have a blast in Patpong. You won't see me around there for quite awhile.

You know from my reporting here and on asfo that I am generally upbeat about my forays into the bar scene in Bangkok.

However, this trip was not an aberration as suggested. The last few trips I made to the 'pong were just not much fun for me. Patpong is tourist-centric, and it shows in many ways. When you have more than one incident that could have led to serious problems with someone less cool, inebriated, or just new, I say there are more than enough warning signs to stay away.

But, again, if Patpong floats your boat, be my guest. The great thing about Bangkok is there are many possibilities for sanuk. Based on my recent experiences, though, the 'pong can wait a while before it sees any more baht from me.

Ah, tonight....Warbler's for the Mexican buffet followed by a chance to see those lovely mammaries in NEP again. You can have those 160 B ladydrinks, obnoxious touts, and thieving KingsGroup bars in Patpong.

I am not surprised at what happened to Sarasin.

I enjoy Patpong mostly for nostalgic reasons, but the clip joint mentality seems to get worse every year. It is in the economic self-interest of most bars to avoid the clip joint crap Sarasin described, but that doesn't seem to apply to the two groups that Patpong primarily attracts these days: (1) tourists and (2) Japanese refugees from Soi Thaniya.

Business in general seems to be down in Patpong, and now that NEP and the other Sukhumvit venues are returning to normal, I suspect Paptong will continue on its downward spiral.

I may have got padded the first time I went to KC1,but not now.Sometimes I just go in there have a coke,a L/d for my regular,pay b/f and go.I suppose it does help if you,ve got one your porking regularly.She still writes to me and never asks for money.Come the end of july she will have a very sore bum!

You're Kings Castle 1 experience sounds familier. I had a similar reception recently on my first visit back there for a while. My bill was padded by SO much that I would really have had to have been completely out of it not to notice. Luckily on that occassion I had already payed my girls bar fine and she came to my assistance in sorting through all the bills and weeding out the many 'extra' ones. Plus she intervened on my behalf in the ensuing 'discussion' with Mamasan as to what my bill should actualy have been. But without her help it would have much more difficult to sort out without having to resort to drastic measures like your Tourist Police phone call.

After that visit I certainly wouldn't normaly even consider going back there. And the only reason I do is to see my Special Girl who happens to be working there now. Her presence is the only thing that could intice me into KC1 again, not to mention having to negotiate through that market and past all those touts. But, I guess, as long as she's still there I'll be forced to make my occassional forays over to Patpong.

At least now they know I'm going to check my bills they haven't tried padding my bill again. But one shouldn't have to check. It's never happenned to me, as far as I know, in SC or NEP. Both far more enjoyable places to hang out.

Sarisin

thank you for the info. I have been to Patpong for many times, usually visiting the famous bj-bars with excellent service and without any problems smile.gif

As for gogo-bars, I usually go to Soi Cowboy. After reading your report, I think, I will keep this.

Again, I want to be clear that the bars in the 'pong are 100% bad news. There are still some good times to be had there.

However, last night again I went to 4 NEP gogo bars and did not have one problem similar to those I experience in Patpong. I'm sure I would be saying the same thing had I visited Soi Cowboy.

With a number of alternatives available, you just go with the place that brings you the most fun with the least amount of shit.

Having said that, I suppose in a few months I will return to Patpong to see what's up. If it is good, I will say it here. If it sucks you will get a similar report to the one I have posted. I think it is the responsibility of residents like myself to 'tell it like it is' from their perspective. Then, it is up to each of you decide if you want to see for yourself or go with places that have received good reports.

There is so much sanuk to be had here why risk valuable time on a place that is panned constantly as a ripoff?

Archived