Ayutthaya-Chiang mai bus

hooper

I have made hundreds of trips around Thailand driving a car, either a rental or company, over the past 8 years. Have no problem driving in Thailand, having grown up driving in So Cal, they are basically amateurs here. Around Bangkok, tend to either have my driver take me or use taxis has I hate the parking and Iâ??m really lazy anyway.

Wasnâ??t looking for sympathy. I have the same reaction to your statements on driving yourself in Thailand that you had to my comment on taking public transportation.

:beer:

TH

I have only taken two buses in Bacgkok (A few more to Pattaya, one to Ko Samet)

That was enough.

I public transport most days - use taxis a lot. Drive to remote provinces almost fortnightly it seems. Love driving in Thailand, I find it far safer and calmer than Australia Europe Eastern Europe, Africa.

I don't mind driving in Thailand with the exception of Bkk. Fucken hate it. 1 1/2 hours and sometimes more to go 30km. I've driven back and forth twice to Nakhon Si Thammarat and thought it was long (around 12 hours) it wasn't bad. Relaxing and nice to see parts of Thailand lots don't get to see.

Only thing I wonâ??t do is drive at night outside Bangkok, except maybe down to Rayong or Pattaya as the new road is pretty well lit. This is more a personal issue with night vision then anything else. Have no problem riding at night as my driver is very good, and significantly younger then me, so the vision thing is not an issueâ?¦

TH

Archived