Airline pay toilets?

cavanami

Msybe the air sick bag will have a dual purpose, like a piss/crap bag :dunno:

DUBLIN â?? When nature calls at 30,000 feet, is $1.40 a wee price to pay? Or could it force passengers without correct change into a whole new kind of holding pattern?

The head of budget European airline Ryanair unleashed a flood of indignation and potty humor Friday when he suggested that future passengers might be obliged to insert a British pound coin for access to the lavatory to get some in-flight relief...

Man, I thought the US airlines were cheap pricks.

Maybe he got the idea afer partying in Pattaya and found out they still have the pay toliets??

I can see it now. No change and the person says piss on it.

Whips it on on the asle or drops the pants and drops a load in the isle ;)

Ryan Air is really cheap, and they are so cheap that they don't use major aiports (for to avoid the landing fee) but smaller ones in the countryside. That's I have never used them.

I always wondered how the airlines can survive with plane tickes cheaper than trains, like 120-150 â?¬ return ticket Cologne-London??

Man' date=' I thought the US airlines were cheap pricks.

Maybe he got the idea afer partying in Pattaya and found out they still have the pay toliets??

I can see it now. No change and the person says piss on it.

Whips it on on the asle or drops the pants and drops a load in the isle ;) [/quote']

Ryan Air is really cheap, and they are so cheap that they don't use major aiports (for to avoid the landing fee) but smaller ones in the countryside. That's I have never used them.

I always wondered how the airlines can survive with plane tickes cheaper than trains, like 120-150 â?¬ return ticket Cologne-London??

They're only cheaper when you avoid the extra's ie travel with hand luggage only, check-in on line and print your own boarding pass etc. Likewise you have to hope that things go ok as otherwise they can be a bit of a nightmare. That said apparently that will be the future as I believe they want to get rid of airport check-in desks and force people to check-in on-line with the only airport option that of a baggage drop although Ryan-air would like to get rid of hold luggage.

I hate flying with them but they used to operate a few routes that were convienient. Given a choice between Easyjet and Ryanair I'd choose Easyjet any day - Ryanair just feels cheap.

You get what you pay for with Ryanair in my opinion.

I see a new career field. Airline toilet cashier. Set up shop similar to those tables you see where you buy tissue paper for 3 baht or whatever the price is and also have the sudries like gum, mints and shit. In this case, however, you can charge well above the 3 baht cuz there is no where else to purge.

Kamui you are wrong on this one, Madrid Barajas is a major airport.

Using Ryanair at least 4-5 times per month I don't care what they do as long as the passenger security is not endangered...

Board members from the US would never accept such a way of traveling which is understandable given the big distances involved.

Everytime I fly Ryanair to Belgium I happen to meet the same Belgian passengers -> from the embassy staff (including the ambassadord and his wife, not his SOB of a son though), Belgian businessmen etc..

Why they all use Ryanair?

Save costs (frequent travels at 200-400 euros with equally crappy airlines such as Iberia can cost a lot at the end of the month), convenient because Charleroi airport is a major regional hub and it is far easier for the French speaking population of Belgium to get to their homes...

(and close too in many cases)

Flying on average 8-10 times per month (visiting family and travels for the company) throughout EU -> I must say that Ryanair is far from being the worst airline:

- You end up paying your food on other airlines too

- At least Ryanair (paying) coffee is Starbucks, not some no name shit

- Seats are more comfortable, more leg room

This month I visited my family (Spain to Belgium) 3 times and I paid in total 100 euros.

Compare this to a flight I had to take from MDD to Dublin (luckily this was paid by the company) for work and the bill was 500 euros....

Kamui you are wrong on this one, Madrid Barajas is a major airport.

Sorry, I should have been more detailed. In Germany Ryanair's major hubs are Frankfurt-Hahn and Duesseldorf-Weeze.

Both airport names are fake names since the airports are far away from the cities:

- "Frankfurt-Hahn" is 124 Km from Frankfurt City

- "Duesseldorf-Weeze" is 78 km from Duesseldorf.

Both airports don't have a rail connection.

:doah:

Ryanair are shite.

You'll have the pilot dishing out the pieces of jacks paper once he puts the plane in Auto Pilot.

He'll turn the cockpit into a small kiosk selling ice cream, arse paper, tokens for the jacks, cups of tea and coffee etc etc etc. Afterall all these activities have to stop when landing so he can get back to landing the plane - except on a good day when the Auto pilot will land it for him.

There's no end of jobs these pilots could be asked to do.

Archived