Upscale Thai restaurants

HeartThais

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lan Na is quite pedestrian, while I really like Hazara. GF likes their dessert joint too (the tiramisu, I am told, is superb).

Northern Thai cuisine is probably not so popular as many people don't like it!

Tiramisu in a Indian restaurant! :neener:

you should try Gulfi, a typical indian desert!

HT: Spring Summer is more trendy than traditional. I've only had drinks there at a private reception, so can't say about the food. The finger food was OK.

Tried out Spring Summer. We sat outside on the lawn on top of flat, oversized bean bags. At various times, we'd lounge on our sides or on our backs, talking while looking up at the full moon and stars.(They have mosquito repellant if you ask for it.) Every dish could have been great were it not for something - a little more acid in the crab wonton, a little more spice in the soup, scallops just slightly overcooked, etc. The food was tasty enough but a tad disappointing for that reason. Service was poorly trained for a hi-so type place. The food came out almost together so that by the time we finished appetizers, entrees were cold.

Very young looking Thai crowd with older Thais and a few farang mixed in. However, eating outside on the grass is a fun experience. I'd recommend this place for an unusual dining experience, either on a date or in a group no larger than 6. It's like having a weird picnic. Come for the ambience. I don't think it is worth the visit if you can only get reservations for inside the building - the decor reminds me of a hotel restaurant.

3200 baht all-in including 3 cocktails, a carafe of house wine (a decent Australian Shiraz), two appetizers, two entrees, and a single desert. Cocktails/wine were about 50% of the bill.

Btw, there was a Korean restaurant across the street called Doriwon. Something about the place makes me want to try it but wrong thread!

Lan Na is quite pedestrian' date=' while I really like Hazara. GF likes their dessert joint too (the tiramisu, I am told, is superb).[/quote']

Northern Thai cuisine is probably not so popular as many people don't like it!

Tiramisu in a Indian restaurant! :neener:

you should try [color:red]Gulfi[/color], a typical indian desert!

It's Kulfi.

Sorry but I just had to post this.

Spring Summer is not a upscale Thai restaurant; it is a "in place", where you go because it is popular to go (even still after so many years already there!), has a unique concept and you go to see and be seen. atmosphere, people count. the food is just average, nothing special!

Archived