Best 15" notebook currently & why?

WorldFun

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm so noone else recommends or even comments on Acer although I understand it's become one of the major vendors these days?

so the old dogs ibm/lenova?, hp/compaq & mac & the odd Dell (due to price) :hmmm:

well I didn't mention I'm 'stuck' with a 3year old HP/Compaq (nc6220) at work & it seems they'll try to avoid 'upgrading me' for as long a they can get away with :banghead:

had major problems with that one & HP didn't seem to be able to fix it although latest 'attempt' was here in LOS & I decided to go see for myself this so called top of class cust service:

sure the 'service chick' was OK & within say 20min of arriving I was out the door again with the info the HD was going to be replaced although last 'check up' had confirmed the HD OK & thus exchanged the motherboard :cover:

A couple of days later I could pick it up & so far nothing major, but also nothing fancy & the touchpad in particularly bothers me a lot, so I'm ready to try out a Dell if given the chance (both as work or personal notebook) - in fact I won't buy a notebook based on customer service as once it comes to needing service the product has 'failed already' :rolleyes:

anyway thanks for the tips ;):beer:

p.s. hope it's ok posting on notebooks during 'earth hour'?

Archived