Best 15" notebook currently & why?

WorldFun

I'm in the market for a new/replacement notebook or actually 2 - wifey needs 1 also (stolen replacement).

Narrowed selection down to 15.4" LCD as my former toshiba satellite M40 which I was not particular fond of...

Wife had acer 14" something which I think is very nice actually I'm becoming an acer fan although selection of 15" seems non or very limited with 14" being the 'top of range' :hmmm:

Found Dell Inspiron 1525 today, but was not really able to try it out, but it may be suitable with all basics covered like BT, Wifi, card reader, DVD writer, webcam etc. & reasonable @ 25k while the 14" acer typically run around 20k give or take a few :up:

Any other suggestions/recommendations in this range?

I put focus in keypad, touchpad usability etc & have no specific gaming/video or other requirements just a smooth internet/document performer & good connectivity & of course multimedia like video/audio are nice ;)

Also if someone would recommend 'reliable' places to ship from overseas e.g. to get better selection/prices than what LOS offer i.e. their 'protected' market similar to cars I guess with many in country manufacturing & tax favored brands/models...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I got mine, I took what was on sale. Apparently Toshiba mass produced A215-xxx by the multi/thousands. As cheap as US $349.00 with Celeron. I paid more for the AMD chip.

I guess it depends on specific usage and needed necessary ports.

When I got mine, I took what was on sale. Apparently Toshiba mass produced A215-xxx by the multi/thousands. As cheap as US $349.00 with Celeron. I paid more for the AMD chip.

I guess it depends on specific usage and needed necessary ports.

As Unit731 says, it depends on your preferences and the intended usage.

If you need a really reliable notebook with high quality parts and a good customer service I would recommend Lenovo notebooks. Lenovo/IBM notebooks lead customer satisfaction polls among professionals since years (in Germany that is).

If you want a beautifully designed, easy to use and the most lightweight notebook in the 15" class, go for the MacBook Pro 15".

If you need a really reliable notebook with high quality parts and a good customer service I would recommend Lenovo notebooks.

If you want a beautifully designed, easy to use and the most lightweight notebook in the 15" class, go for the MacBook Pro 15".

Correct. Two excellent choices.

I only use my Toshiba for poking around and an occaisional holiday trip. No serious business work for me on laptop.

Do try out the keyboard and mouse/pad. I use an external on/with my laptop.

Gents,

Some great suggestions but you are all (except MM) overlooking the basic fact of customer service in Thailand. Whilst Toshiba may be a great product the customer service here sucks.

Get yourself a HP and let the wife make do with a Compaq which in itself is a HP without the badge, aftersales service in Thailand from HP is second to non. :twocents:

Archived