Thaksin says it's time to fight for complete democracy

Mentors

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

British Union of Fascists = Blackshirts too...

Silver Legion of America: Silver shirts

Falange Española: Blue shirts

Always nice to see "political movements" identify themselves with colours...

As I usually wear shirts in LOS -> it might be wise if I avoid wearing yellow, pink or red ones...-> but if I wear white then I will just be one student

:doah:

Walking naked in BKK -> does it mean I am from the apolitical party?

:neener:

PS: The other day I watched for a short time a military parade of the Chilean army...nice helmets nice goose-step and nice music (was Prussian gloria/PreuÃ?ens Gloria)

-> must admit the female naval officers were damn hot in their skirts...

You never watched the Trooping of the Colours in Bangkok every year, when the Army units pledged their loyalty to king and country? The uniforms and drill are Imperial German. Kaiser Bill's occifers trained the Thai army in the early 1900s. HM's father even graduated from the Imperial German Naval Academy at Kiel, while Rama VIII was born in Heidelberg.

p.s. Wear a plaid shirt and confuse everybody. :)

I watched Trooping of the Colours by HM the King...

Nice colours but I wondered how the soldiers, no matter how tough (and Thais), could survive with such parade uniforms...

Remember a small parade where we had to stand waiting for about 2 hours...I thought I was going to collapse...avoided because I couldn't do it in front of my men.

:beer:

Mentors: I am not crazy enough to look like a Dutch football fan...maybe I could wear read with the logo a major English football team?

(but looking like a football fan would be a shame for me)

:neener:

Should follow flashermac and get my kilt...after all Gurkhas and some HK military bands look nice wearing kilts during the Edinburgh's tatoo..

One-million-baht bounty offered for Thaksin's arrest

www.chinaview.cn 2009-04-06 20:44:41 Print

BANGKOK, April 6 (Xinhua) -- A group of 20 former army officers, senators and businessmen of Thailand on Monday offered a one-million-baht (some 28,600 U.S. dollars) bounty for the arrest of exiled former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who faced arrest warrant on corruption charges in Thailand.

General Somjate Boonthanom, former head of the Secretary-General 's Office of the Council for National Security (CNS), urged the Thai people to join hands in solving the country's political unrest and charged that Thaksin is the root cause of the problem, according to a report by Thai News Agency.

The CNS, which grouped top military figures, staged a bloodless coup on Sept. 19, 2006 to topple then government of Thaksin. It was the country's ruling junta body for a year before it went defunct in late 2007.

Somjate said the bounty is offered by the group of business leaders to anyone who could bring Thaksin to Thailand to face his two-year prison sentence on corruption charges. He said current political turmoil could end if Thaksin is brought back and faces prosecution.

The group also issued a statement charging that Thaksin and his "red-shirt" supporters from the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) had "slandered the royal institution both openly and secretly" since he was forced from power.

Meanwhile on Monday, a lawyer acting on behalf of Thaksin filed a complaint at a Bangkok police station asking the police to prosecute Privy Councilor General Pichitr Kullavanijaya for libel in an interview with the media last Friday, during which the Pichitr accused Thaksin of disrespecting the royal institution and of having deposited a large sum of money on the Caymans.

Archived