Do you judge people by their earnings ?

The only girls I could think of, and I admit that I tend to wade in the shallow end, would be some of the Soi 33 girls when the Japanese are throwing money around. Given the state of their economy over the last 10 years, I couldnt say how often the 'throwing money around' thing happens any more. The sponsor thing probably makes it a 'how long is a piece of string' estimate, but how many of those guys are still in a position where they can send a thousand USD a month to someone they see 2 or 3 times a year ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's better to judge MESSAGE BOARDS by whether or not ANYONE REALIZES that, on a board (like this) where the majority of posts are about BARGIRL INCOMES, HOW MUCH TO PAY BARGIRLS, HOW SOME BARGIRLS ARE "RICH" AND SOME ARE "POOR".....etc.etc......,that it's ridiculous and nonsensical to forget to include the "aforementioned" bargirls in the topic. While most of thai360 threads are about bargirl payments and incomes, the topic of this thread is really supposed to be "do you judge people (everyone except bargirls) by their income?"?Better stick with judging the average intelligence of message board participants.

Anyone know what the feck he's talking about?! :dunno::confused:

From my experience Thais judge people by their income more than in the West,maybe its because they think to be wealthy a person must have accumulated a lot of " boon " from a previous life by good deeds etc....I find it quite amusing when meeting new Thais when after a while they ask what I do,usually I tell them I`m a gardener...then you see what sort of folks they are...the ones that turn their noses up and treat you like crap are the ones to avoid....

Do you judge a book by its cover?

You should never do that :nono:

Always check how many pages there are as well so you know you are getting value for money :up:

Did you know that both Stevie Wonder and Bo Diddley had songs called You Can't Judge A Book By It's Cover, The Moffats had a song called Don't Judge This Book and, last but not least, Phyllis Ferguson has an album called Can't Judge A Book By It's Cover. :surprised:

From my experience Thais judge people by their income more than in the West,maybe its because they think to be wealthy a person must have accumulated a lot of " boon " from a previous life by good deeds etc....I find it quite amusing when meeting new Thais when after a while they ask what I do,usually I tell them I`m a gardener...then you see what sort of folks they are...the ones that turn their noses up and treat you like crap are the ones to avoid....

I guess how people are *rated* is depends on the society. In Japan for example it is of major importance to know if person is above ore below on the ladder of the society. But the rating isn't usually done by ones income but by the job position someone has and more important by the company/institution someone belongs to - wealth comes second to this.

In Germany on the other hand it is a taboo to talk about ones income. Even co-workers in the same company usually do not talk about how much they earn. Kind of strange, actually. Also in Germany the policial elite is not very rich usually. You won't finde many ex CEO's or company owners in the German parliament, most are middle class or workers like the current and the previous chancellors.

It's better to judge MESSAGE BOARDS by whether or not ANYONE REALIZES that' date=' on a board (like this) where the majority of posts are about BARGIRL INCOMES, HOW MUCH TO PAY BARGIRLS, HOW SOME BARGIRLS ARE "RICH" AND SOME ARE "POOR".....etc.etc......,that it's ridiculous and nonsensical to forget to include the "aforementioned" bargirls in the topic. While most of thai360 threads are about bargirl payments and incomes, the topic of this thread is really supposed to be "do you judge people (everyone except bargirls) by their income?"?Better stick with judging the average intelligence of message board participants.[/quote']

The poster is essentially saying that it would be more in line with the general purpose of this board to discuss the income of bar girls and its impact on their status than - as in this thread - that of other people than bargirls.

I got my skill in decryptation from trying to understand my own hopelessly confused postings.

It's better to judge MESSAGE BOARDS by whether or not ANYONE REALIZES that' date=' on a board (like this) where the majority of posts are about BARGIRL INCOMES, HOW MUCH TO PAY BARGIRLS, HOW SOME BARGIRLS ARE "RICH" AND SOME ARE "POOR".....etc.etc......,that it's ridiculous and nonsensical to forget to include the "aforementioned" bargirls in the topic. While most of thai360 threads are about bargirl payments and incomes, the topic of this thread is really supposed to be "do you judge people (everyone except bargirls) by their income?"?Better stick with judging the average intelligence of message board participants.[/quote']

The poster is essentially saying that it would be more in line with the general purpose of this board to discuss the income of bar girls and its impact on their status than - as in this thread - that of other people than bargirls.

I got my skill in decryptation from trying to understand my own hopelessly confused postings.

Thank You. Maybe the OP should ask you to become his interpreter.

:content:

So, using your logic, people like Old Hippo (i.e., gays) should not try to answer your original question, because they are attracted to men (and thus he wouldn't care what they're income is). Maybe your question is really:

Do heterosexual men judge other "non-bar-girl people" based on their income/networth.

Oooops...what about katoeys. Never mind.

This thread is closed.

Can someone remind me which board member 'koow' was before his last banning ? I really have trouble keeping track of some of the trolls, although the 'Old Hippo' bit did arouse a chuckle (only a very small one, OH, I promise !).

FWIW, I believe OH to be about as 'gay' as I am. :clown:

Archived