SWIFT/Wire transfer

I know it's been asked before and I even told the OP to do a search (I ran across that post when I did my search) but I want to make sure I get it right the first time. So, for those of you that have successfully completed one, could you please tell me if I have the correct and complete info needed to do this.

On the outgoing end I will need to provide:

1. Name of the bank

2. The branch/address where my account is

3. SWIFT address which I believe is SICOTHBK

4. Bank Account number

5. Name of which account is under

Does this sound complete?? Anyone in the know, your opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Not sure about Siam Commercial but for BKK Bank info required is :-

Name AS APPEARS IN BANK BOOK In English

Account Number

Currency and Ammount of Transfer

SWIFT Code

BKK Bank FAQ's

Branch address / Bank Name not required since branch address is encoded in the Account Number and Bank Name is part of SWIFT code (first 4 characters).

Been transfering funds into Thailand using SWIFT for years and never had a problem.

Note most Banks (cannot say all since not used all) use a common SWIFT Code for Head office in Bangkok ie :-

BKKBTHBK (Bangkok Bank Thailand Bangkok)

KASITHBK (Kasikorn Bank Thailand Bangkok)

SICOTHBK (Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) Thailand Bangkok)

That was another question I forgot to ask. The holder of the account in Thailand is Thai. Does the name have to be provide to the sending bank in Thai or can the English translation be good enough??

exactly the name in English.

I think all bank books have the Thai name in English.

TIE:

I do around 2 wire transfers per month to our Siam commercial bank account...This is done from Spain but it shoudl be the same for you.

I do it using the option OUR (which means I pay all the fees/commissions) and send of course in euros.

Here is how it appears on my official wire transfer form issued by the bank after I completed the transfer.

. The name of the bank + the branch, in this case:

Siam commercial bank Asoke branch

. The first and last name of the benificiary

. Bank account number 032-xxxxxx-5

. SWIFT code: SICOTHBK

Having done some similar wire transfers to Thai bank accounts from various western countries I realized some banks do only ask for:

. First last name

. Bank account number

. SWIFT

while others even asked me the adress of the beneficiary...

From your OP: I say you have all the data you need

-> one cautionary note though:

Always check the data entered just prior to the execution of the wire transfer....one bank did a mistake with one number of the bank account...

Cheers

:beer:

Archived