What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Oliver Stone interviews Putin

Takes place over two years

Putin comes off intelligent, knowledgeable, well spoken and didn't dodge questions.

Stone asks some tough, head on questions.

Excellent!

Great stuff. Putin watching Dr Strangelove for first time - classic.

Absolutely Anything [2017]

Eccentric aliens in a far off place experiment on a single human on earth by providing him the ability to do absolutely anything. A Terry Jones comedy with a touch of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy about it. It is not as hilarious as it might have been but memorable for its feel good British style lunacy as well as being the last movies of Robin Williams and likely that of the currently remaining members of Monty Python!

Drone (2017) - Sean Bean is a Drone operator wot drops hellfire missiles on Pakistani bad people, and any civilians close by. Sean lives in American suburbia in a normal falling apart family. I won't spoil the ending. Worth a watch, but only if you're bored.

London Heist (2017) - unlike the actors whom in another movie review, I thought too intelligent for their roles, these actors are precisely ignorant enough for their parts, I'm sure their London accents are not affected. Quite good, but again, worth a watch, but only if you're bored.

Oceans Rising (2017), disaster movie with guess what, everyone stuck on a 50 ft launch in the sea - so full of flaws I turned it off.

Legion of Brothers (2017) - Docco - and whilst I am anti war and violence and guns for the most part, I still take my hat off for the folk who put themselves in harms way to keep my lifestyle, generally free.

This docco says two things to me, firstly, that less than 100 green berets with local and air support took down the Taliban government.

Secondly, that even though some of the defining moments were on horse back, the technical superiority of the the USA compared to the mediaeval Taliban, was as clear as night and day. Worth a watch.

War Dogs (2016) - Based on the true story of two young men, David Packouz and Efraim Diveroli, who won a $300 million contract from the Pentagon to arm America's allies in Afghanistan. IMDB Well made, without any over hyped, fist punching in the air.

I enjoyed this - Worth a watch

• Like 1

Just saw MOANA AND MAUI at the drive inn with the kids. Very funny movie, and quite accurate to the Pacific Legends. Funny my oldest mate in Pacific is "Maui" and he is building a cable called Moana.

Good movie this, good learnings for MLG about the Pacific peoples and their beliefs. Well worth a watch. Jermaine Clements as Tamatoa has a touch of the Tim Curries (Dr. Frank-N-Furter) about him.

Persepolis [2007]

French-Iranian animated biography of the life of a rebellious Iranian woman and her travels between home and Europe during the time of the Iranian revolution. It was voted one of 2007 top ten movies and blocked in Bangkok at the time to avoid a diplomatic incident. The English version is dubbed by the uncredited Iggy Pop but I can only find the French on torrent today.