Songkran Reports

cavanami

Oh Kinshasa?

In which district (commune) do you live?

Could you tell me if the "Lycée prince de Liège" still exists??? (been studying there...it was the "Belgian school" just next to the "French school")

Gombe mate - opposite some police station which is a big mistake. They are the bigest bandits in town. Trying to get in my front gate (read - big metal gate in the middle of the big fook off wall covered in barbed fooken wire) the other night - drunk and fooking around finding the keys - some policeman with an AK47 comes and starts hastling me for money. cnuts.

Not sure about the school sorry.

Cheers,

Mark

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you ended up there...(remember the PM)

Lucky, you are in the main district..probably still the nice district (and most secure even it means little)

Go on mate, (I suppose the salary is quite good seeing the offers I received)...

Yep, the police in Congo/Zaïre doesn't change...

Compared to them the Thai MIB are angels asking for small change...

The good thing, as long as the "government is in charge" and quite stable -> they are more likely to hassle you with a smile...to get money.

If the situation gets bad (full scale civil war -> or when the government stops paying their meager salaries) -> they get more nasty.

Advice: Get a gun (in working order), easy to get especially in Matongue....

-> if you run into serious troubles one day:

Show your gun, if needed fire a warning shot in the air.

Even if they are armed -> they will most certainly run away simply because you are a foreigner with a weapon in working order....

Question: Are the beers Simba and Primus still available and the main brands???

So you ended up there...(remember the PM)

Compared to them the Thai MIB are angels...

Advice: Get a gun (in working order), ....

Question: Are the beers Simba and Primus still available and the main brands???

Yep remember the PM.

Yep the Thai police are nothing compared to these smiling assasins

Nope - no way am I getting a shooter. My mate had an AK stuck up his nose at 3am the other morning as they searched his car for guns

They days of the white man are gone Drogon - they are actually quite rascist towards us now. Seriously.

Best solution - getting the fook outta here. Beers are on me when I get to Bangers.

Cheers,

Mark

Yep they were already very racist when I was there but they were still scared by a whitey with a gun

-> simply because they assumed his gun was working

(while theirs usually not)

True, if now they are looking for guns then it is getting far worse to own one....I suppose they have turned like their Rwandese cousins -> a bunch of violent thugs with weapons...

Yep, agree get your ass out of there, any idea when you can make it to BKK?

I love Song Kran but then I always do it in the village where the old ways are nice enough to attract some nice young girls to walk around with the old girls plus lots of fun booming music and drunken fun.

Sadly I am working on a project in USA remotely - so stay up till 2am every night past 7 days straight and get up at 6.30am to talk till 2.30pm

No time to get drunk :(

But I managed a few pics today

The "old style" i love

Archived