Back up plans

Another_Guy

Well the current political situation may cause me to make changes in my travel plans. I am finaly able to get to Bangkok after a year for a little R and R but it does not look like it will be safe. What do you guys think? I am suppose to fly in on the 28th of April. (I know a lot can happen in 2 weeks). I was planning on staying in Bangkok but depending on the situation maybe go to Pattaya. I can not get stranded in Thailand.

Or maybe I should change destination, maybe Manilla. I have never been there and I have been to Bangkok 6 times so I am comfortible withthe way things go and know the places to have fun.

What do you guys think. Should I scrap my Thailand plans.

I am landing on the 6th of June

(LOS landing....or L-Day)

Even if they do burn the airport -> I will still reach BKK, no matter if I have to land in SGP or KL then cross the border by road.

@sanddawg1 : Don't know if you are handsum man but the girls will for sure be ready for you...as I don't think they will have seen that many people before you land.

:banghead:

Thanks all. trust me I dont want to miss the good times. The tide looks like it has changed a bit. I will keep my plans flexible. If the city looks bad then I will go to pattaya otherwise I will stay in BKK. As long as there are no actual riots i think i will be fine.

I remember looking at the Bangkok Post and they were showing the count of Songkran traffic deaths.

Lots more than the demos. Not to disrepect the people who lost their life and their loved ones, but if the protesters were driving in Songkran instead of protesting, it may have caused more than the 2 or 3 deaths due to the protests that were reported.

I'm typing this from the Nana Hotel.

The protests never got to Suk.

The biggest danger here was the multiple extended free-soak zones. Far too many farangs with SuperSoakers and the equivalent, and no braincells to go with them.

I wouldn't mind THAT much, but some of them insist on using ice water.

If I come for Songkran next year, I will bring a few more T-shirts and swim trunks, a pair of flip-flop sandals, and an underwater (shallow) camera. As it was, I didn't dare get close enough to get any pictures, since my current camera is NOT waterproof, not even a little bit.

Archived