New club: BANGKOK ROCKS, Soi 19

dddave

Just saw a notice on another board that a new, live music bar "BANGKOK ROCKS" is opening tonight. (Friday, 1/5)

It appears to be located on Soi 19 next to the Westin Grande under the Key Hotel.

Free Tapas and drink vouchers are promised 6 to 8 pm

www.bangkok-rocks.com

I think I'll check it out.

I made my entrance about 7:15 thus insuring I'd have a shot at the free munchies: a small but tasty array of Tapas washed down by a complimentary drink, just as promised.

One of the owners quickly greeted me and made sure I was immediately served some food. At that time, there were probably about 20 people milling around.

It looks like anything but a rock club, more like a clinic. The room is square, about 100 to 120 s/m with a back mezzanine. Walls are a marble like material and 100% white, everything is white and the surfaces seem glossy and hard and very bright.

There is a small stage centered on the left wall, the bar area is on the right.

It became clear that the band wouldn't be starting until pretty late so my friends and I decamped to naughtier venues nearby.

I suspect the place will be pretty loud and sharp sounding with all those hard, reflective surfaces but I'll make sure to stop in soon while the band is playing before passing judgment.

Another pick up place to be?

Or one which will close down in not too long maybe?

Do they offer something original? Ice bar? Beer promotion girls? regular Thai girls? Does it try to cater to the average Thai crowd or is it an attempt at a lame CM2 copy?

Entrance price? Drink price? Settings Thai style club or with a real dance floor?

Bangkok Rocks opens everyday at 11am until 1am. On Friday May 1st there is a special free Tapas buffet from 6 - 8pm. The live band â??Twisted Nerveâ?? comes on at 9pm and performs 3 sets, with a twenty minute break, finishing the show with rock favorites at 1am.

What was the mix? Thai crowd or more like a farang crowd?

Archived