Renewing a ATM card

CTO

Also using K-Bank and lost my credit and debit card several times. Just need Thai driving license or passport AND bankbook to get a new card within minutes for 100 THB at any branch.

are you talking about Krungthai or Kassikorn?

are you sure that you can go to ANY branch for that?

• 4 weeks later...
Walk into a bank in Oz and the card arrives in the mail weeks later - here you get it in a minute

Last year I returned to Thailand after a one month business trip and did not realize my USA-issued ATM card had expired. Went to the machine and obviously could not make a withdrawal. Needless to say I was in a bit of a panic because I only had 2,000 baht in cash and figured it could take weeks to get a replacement card.

Went back home (in BKK) and was digging through some old mail looking for my last bank statement (to get the phone number). Came across an envelope from my bank that was a bit different from the normal bank statement envelopes. Opened it up and there was my new ATM card.

Even though I never bothered to check the expiry date on my card the bank had already sent it to me. All it took was a call to activate it and I was back in business within 10 minutes.

Archived