Thai people and skin pigmentation

KimDidMeGood

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ummm ... "tua dam" is old slang for a gay guy, especially a paedophile. Comes from a notorious individual whose nickname was Tua Dam.

Just to clarify, the slang for gay male is �ั�ว�ำ "black bean," NOT �ัว�ำ "black [or rather dark] body or figure," which is what Bust was referring to.

It is actually a scoio-economic statement. The darker skinned people are usually labourers/farmers (and are therefore less affluent), who work outside and get tanned by the sun. If you are light-skinned, you have an office job and are of a "higher class."

Although this makes perfect sense, the more I think about it, the less I'm convinced. Why is it that other physical markers of upper-class such as having less muscle-tone, overweight, wearing glasses are not considered attractive. And why is it that even in western culture, the ideal is tall, dark and handsome for males but not females? What about in cultures where the nobility class was significantly darker than serfs like Moorish Spain?

I started with wikipedia which eventually led me to anthropologist Peter Frost and some interesting articles like this one. Be sure to scroll down to the two pictures where it asks 'Which one of these is a man?'

http://www.vdare.com/sailer/050612_blondes.htm

The gist of Frost's studies is that he thinks the preference for female paleness is worldwide and exists regardless of exposure to western culture or working indoors/outdoors. Socioeconomic reasons exaggerate the bias but the bias has biological roots that predate social construction.

Archived