Cheap Charlie Flies Out

Julian2

I've got to go back to OZ fairly tout de suite and having suffered a bit from the economic shit and currency rates decided to check out the budget airlines.

I asked my wife's niece as she works for Air Asia and she said their deals on the internet are better than she could get me so she came over and booked the flights.

Chiang Rai to Melbourne one way added up to 9012baht, or AUD340. Bought and paid for as of today.

I suppose I can go without the crappy meal and the movies for that.

Not bad. But TG has specials now with BKK-MEL return for ~18k. Because I need easily changable tix, I went with B28k for BKK-MEL, BNE-BKK, bought the day before departure.

Hope to see ya in MEL, mate. It's a bit chilly: 12C right now, but lovely clear skies.

Oh, baht exchange rate at the airport was a shitty 29.7!

Cheers,

SD

I've packed me coat, SD.

Trouble with those mainstream airlines is they don't like selling one way tickets. A one wayer can be as much as 80% of a return.

I always used to get a 12 month return so I could change it but they jacked up the price on those as well.

Lobbing into the City of the Upside Down River on Monday morning so will be immediately seeking transportation to the City of Churches.

No mate, I've got to sort out some financial problems which will possibly take a while. I should have done it ages back but when I was on the piss I tended to make decisions whilst hungover and they weren't always good ones.

This time it's for real, I'm 60 and time's running out.

No mate, I've got to sort out some financial problems which will possibly take a while. I should have done it ages back but when I was on the piss I tended to make decisions whilst hungover and they weren't always good ones.

This time it's for real, I'm 60 and time's running out.

That sounds like a pretty good description of me. You have my sympathies mate.

OK - I'm confused : the only two board members that I have actually met are coming to my little corner of the world ? Guys, I *moved* here to ensure that I wouldnt run into you two ! Big planet but an awfully small world, isnt it ?

Seriously, have a safe trip SD.

Archived