...another mysterious death of a tourist...

samak

Europe News

Thai police investigate German man's death

By DPA

May 13, 2009, 8:26 GMT

Bangkok - Thai police launched an investigation Wednesday into the death of a 22-year-old German man whose body was found on Khao Lak beach, one of the resorts hardest hit by the 2004 tsunami.

The body of Sebastian Wolff was found on the beach early Wednesday near the Barisa Resort bungalows where he was staying with his German friend Florian Zehentmair, 21, in Khao Lak, Phang Nga province, about 500 kilometres south of Bangkok.

'His face was badly bruised as if he had been in a fight,' Phang Nga Police Major Pachasart Buageow said. 'We have sent the body for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.'

Wolff and Zehentmair had been drinking with some Thai youths on the beach Tuesday night.

'When we questioned Zehentmair about what happened he said he couldn't remember,' Pachasart told the German Press Agency dpa in a telephone interview.

The police also questioned the Thai youths the two tourists had been drinking with. The youths denied fighting with the Germans, Pachasart said.

Khao Lak was one of several Andaman Sea beach resorts hit by the December 26, 2004, tsunami which killed more than 5,000 people in Thailand, about half of them foreign tourists.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/europe/news/article_1476849.php/Thai_police_investigate_German_mans_death_

I saw it also on thai tv in the news; nothing in bangkok post or nation

R.I.P But my guess is suicide caused by continually pumelling his face against the fists of two poor innocent Thai boys whilst he was under the influence of alcohol. He wasalso disturbed as his Thai girlfriend had left him for another older man.

I do like to read some of these reports but it seems we rarely get to hear about the follow up, are they that boring by comparison?

Archived