furnished apartment in Pattaya

zigfreed

Is it possible to fins a furnished 1-bedroom or studio apartment in Pattaya for less than 10000B a month? I figure for the amount of money I spend on a hotel room for two weeks I can get an apartment for less money. I'll use it for 2 weeks and then leave. Any thoughts?

Hi, there are a few rental agencies that may be able to help. Try a search on Yahoo and it will return a couple of options.

The rental places can come in a little expensive though.

However I'm sure you could find something in this price range with a little leg work. You may be a little further from the main nightlife areas but it should be possible.

Good luck...

I think it may be possible. Check the Pattayamail for some ideas.

However, 10,000 is pretty low for a nice place IMO. Also, most of the landlords/owners will balk at you signing a short-term lease. Or, they my jack up the price.

Still, I hear (from realtors) Pattaya is very much a buyers' market now, so you might be able to work a deal. I assume you are considering a visit soon.

I will be looking for a place after Songkran, but I am interested in a long-term rental. I have had no problem finding nice studios, or one-bedroom apartment, but I need a bigger place - two or three bedrooms. I have been having difficulty finding anything nice under 50,000 B/mo for a large apt.

Hi!

You shouldn't have any problem finding a small apartment for that kind of money. You could chesk out "Diana Estate". It is rather conveniently located on soi Buakao. It was recently discussed in another thread. Some posters were rather negative but I know a few Swedes that have stayed there and were happy with it. They do charge extra for electricity and water but this is clearly stated on their home page. If you are a vivid user of A/C you probably won't get away with 10K all in all.

Their URL is:

http://www.golfasia.com/Diana%20Group/Diana%20Estate/dianaestate.htm

If you dont mind staying slightly away from the action there are several large condos on soi Aruna Thai that sometime have rooms for rent at prices clearly lower than 10K. There are also houses for rent in that area but I don't know if you can rent them for one month.

regards

ALHOLK

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that all the condos including The Diana Group advertise their monthly rates not including water and electricity charges. What sort of money do I need to budget per month for these costs?

Lets assume that I was going to make good use of the aircon, tv and water

Hi!

The A/C is the real enrgy guzzler. How much you have to pay depends heavily on how much you use it. Also a water heater consumes some energy so if you take frequent hot showers it is a factor.

A friend of mine who lives in Pattaya half the year said that he pays about 1500 - 2000 during the hot season. He has a small condo with A/C in one room. He also has a computer that runs all day, a stereo and a TV. However he does pay directly to the elecrical company. In most cases when you lease a condo, short term or long term, you will pay the electric and water bills to the condo who will add a few baht/kWh to the price the electric/water company charges.

I can't give you any reliable figures. I sugges that you contact the condos that you are interested in and ask how much they charge for electricity and water. I know that some do charge quite outrageous fees.

There are probably posters on the board that can give you more accurate information on A/C unit's energy consumption and reasonable prices for electricity and water.

regards

ALHOLK

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with the Diana Estate is the noise from the back of the building with the boom-boom disco sound from Exyte Disco tech nearby. It's soooooo loud that is shakes the back of the building from 9PM to 2AM+ every night. They also had some problems with Katoeys and theft in the past. They charge 5 bhat per KW compare to 1.5 if you had your own meter.

Hi!

I haven't been there since Exyte opened but would that be a problem if you got a room facing some other way?

In reply to:

[color:red]They also had some problems with Katoeys and theft in the past.color=red>

The palce used to be popular with European poofs. I suppose that they in some cases might attract katoeys.

In reply to:

[color:red]They charge 5 bhat per KW compare to 1.5 if you had your own meter.color=red>

I believe this is common practice in most condos and not just Diana Inn.

regards

ALHOLK

Diana Estate complex is not solely owned by Diana Group but by other individual owners and real estate companies who also rents apartment on long-term basis. All the front apartments are taken as expected but the back apartments are usually available for rentals, as expected.

The noise and the vibration is VERY LOUD, even on the top floors.

Sorry I don't have better directions, but on the walking street, there are a few places that offer apartments for short term and long term rentals. Also some of the realators have rentals as well. The problem may be in leases, deposits etc... I would think you could get a decent hotel for 10,00bht, for a 14 night stay, but I could be wrong.

Archived