Peking Duck

AloyMak

Had a craving for that crispy duck so headed over to Jasmin in Times Square building. It was pretty good. Every table seemed to order it so I guess it is a house specialty.

Duck came out beautifully glossy and golden colored. It was hand-carved table-side and the excess fat carefully separated before placing on the plate. Instead of the fluffy buns or the crepes I'm used to, they served the duck with tiny rounds of steamed flour green onion pancakes. They had several options for serving the duck meat. We went with minced with lettuce cups.

Anyway, I've got a big craving to get some more. Any other suggestions?

nothing beats Beijing duck in Beijing, where i am currently. nothing beats the original, whether in Bangkok, Singapore or even Guangdong etc.

very good are beside the pancakes made by flour, those yellow ones made by corn

in Bangkok i have had it among others in the Shangarila restaurant at Yaowarat road in China town. very good and cheap (recall 200-300 THB for the whole duck, incl. the core piece the crispy skin and 2-3 meat dishes); i would recomment that one to those who want to eat that in Bangkok

What was the cost?

790 baht at Jasmin. Not so cost effective. I'll try the chinatown recommendation from Samak. Also there is a restaurant, I think it is Xin Tien Di, that is running a half off special on their peking duck. Comes to under 500 baht I believe.

Archived