What would you do? Heh.

gummigut

vtombrown,

I'm not sure what your post means-would you have preferred I use:shocked, disturbed, astounded, nonplused,confused,bewildered,rocked, jolted,stupefied,staggered,stunned,dazed, disconcerted,bothered,perturbed,shattered, flummoxed,angered,etc.

[sorry, just edited the format a bit. The post caused the tables to get very wide - KS]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, tomc12. smile.gif As, I said, no offense intended.

I was pointing out that your (2nd post) words "bothered, perturbed," WOULD be in sync with the originating post, but the other words on your list, such as, "shocked," would not fit. I think that Gummi has seen too much, to be shocked by hardly anything.

Maybe if one of OldHippie's Mormon girlfriends endorsed the BKK sanuk scene, that would shock Gummi smile.gif But, I guess I better let Gummi speak for himself. And, I wish he would hurry up about it, g-dammit. HOW DID YOUR STORY END GUMMI??????? (We've been patient, long enough.)

>Okay, at this point, what would you do?

>Mai Bpen Rai?

>Talk to her privately?

>Make a public stink?

>Talk to management who you know?

I think none of the above. I think I'd make a private, behind her back stink, not a public one, letting everyone and her dog know how saddened and disappointed I am. :-)

Then the next time I'd tell her it was my birthday and ask her for my present.

Cheers,

Chanchao

vtombrown,

No offense taken. The first time something like gummi described happened to me, you could have used any of those words to describe how I felt. But when I started turning things over in my mind, I kept coming up against the two stumbling blocks of BG's/truth and money/affection. I had to face up to the fact that I opted to believe her story and give her some extra money; the BG was just "on her game". So for me, the mai pen rai or shit happens is the best attitude.

I'm with ya tomc12. Also, if a person raises a stink, the girl might have some Thai boyfriends, who are milling around outside, quiet the person down a bit. Mai pen rai probably is the way to go.

Fortunately for us, there is a smattering of hard core farang dudes who will go into battle over little scams like this. These warriors serve us all, by keeping the scene from, with impunity, evolving into too big of a ripoff. Bless them.

I'm still waiting for Gummi's follow up and to find out whether he falls into our mai pen rai category, or, into the warrior category. What...Has he already sent the follow up to you all, via PM, and just left ONLY ME out of the loop--trying to drive me crazy or something? Where is your Part II Gummi?????? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I would kick ass and then say mai pen rai. Also I would be happy if I learnt something , but I doubt it.

Don't worry you are not the first or last to witness things like that, that's life.At least you got one good reason not to fall in love with a gogo-girl, or that gogo-girl.

I had the same thing happen to me this February in Samui with a real cutie. First she made the world stop to get barfined by me, than we go to a music place before the (planned) Sanuk and suddenly she disappears with some dubious excuse. 200 Bath barfine wasted buhuuuu!

I made it a habit to have a drink at her bar with ervery BG I barfined in the following 16 days (about 10 or so) and paid the girls openly in front of her.

Both of us laughed but you could see the grief in her eyes.

Was that because of the money not earned or because I was getting better looking by the day????

Well will have to agree with stick

Had this myself used to barfine them and leave them in the

bar tell mamasan will be back later to pick her up

Dont turn up

Really pisses them off think of the money theyre losing

Johnny

Johnny,

not bad for a first post.

Remember every medal has two sides. BG's piss off falangs sometimes, Falangs piss off BG sometimes. That's how live workes I guess.

Bad luck if you are the good guy and get pissed off all the time:).

Cheers

Archived