6th June landing (No sex)

Sakai

After almost missing my flight in Doha I was able to board for Bangkok.

Surprisingly, the flight was almost empty, by almost empty I mean there were maybe at best 30% of the seats busy and the business class section had 4 passengers in total.

All in all, a quite comfortable flight, was seated next to a young Thai lady who spoke perfect English as well as Italian and German.

She was coming back from Frankfurt.

Very interesting lady and we talked a lot during the flight.

The landing met some opposition from the local Thai forces called customs.

I intended to declare my 3 bottles of alcohol but even after waiting for 30 minutes there wasn't a single Thai customs officer who showed its uniform.

Tired, bored and with a food intoxication caught in Europe I went my way through the customs, of course, got stopped (all passengers passing at the same time as me got stopped and the luggages Xrayed).

The enemy grabbed one bottle, I was able to chose my bottle though so they got the cheapest one.

I kept smiling at the enemy who took the pain to explain me in good English that I was allowed to carry only one bottle.

Me smiling, playing stupid, tried to explain that none of his colleagues was present at the 'something to declare counter' but to no avail.

Still, the lad certainly thought I was polite and smiling enough and told me in a low voice, leave one bottle here, put quickly the two others back in your luggage, quick quick because there are cameras.

All in all, the landing was rough, painful but casualties were low and delay minimal.

Took a cab then with my girl we went to meet our group of Thai friends at Tawadang German brewery Ramintra.

We were 8, 6 Thai ladies, two guys, me and a Thai friend, had a great night although I was very tired, inconvenienced following the food intox.

More to follow later

I take it you were on QR610 that leaves Doha at 08h00 arrives Bangkok at 19h00. I take QR612 that leaves at 20h45 and arrives at 07h45 the next day, that way I can get my full day at work in, sleep on the flight to BKK and be home by 09h30 on my paid travelling day.

The later flight is always a lot busier especialy on a Thursday evening since expats have friday as weekend and can claim Saturday as Travelling day.

I take it you were on QR610 that leaves Doha at 08h00 arrives Bangkok at 19h00. I take QR612 that leaves at 20h45 and arrives at 07h45 the next day, that way I can get my full day at work in, sleep on the flight to BKK and be home by 09h30 on my paid travelling day.

The later flight is always a lot busier especialy on a Thursday evening since expats have friday as weekend and can claim Saturday as Travelling day.

I have been taking the Gulf Air flight out of Dubai leaves at 1850 gets into BKK at 0730 don't loose a minute of my R&R and business class is only $1151 round trip!!

I always take an overnight flight from Dubai to Bkk. I used to always take Thai biz which departs at 22.40 and gets in at 08.05 but the last couple of times I've used Etihad biz coz it's cheaper than Thai but gets in about an hour earlier. Even if I don't sleep on the plane I can get a few hours kip when I arrive and I'm still out to play by mid afternoon. The only downside with arriving early is that sometimes my room is not available when I arrive at the hotel.

Archived