Pattaya Music Festival

khunsanuk

Hi,

Just saw a commercial on Thai TV about the Pattaya Music Festival 2002.

It sounded like 3 day festival featuring live bands (sorry, don't know which) on 3 different stages (Indy Pop, Easy Listening, and one other).

The festival will be on 22-24 March, i.e. next weekend.

Sanuk!

From the LP board, compliments of Anil:

DJing? No, neither do I but he's doing it anyway at Pattaya Music festival.

read below for more details.[edited from the TAT content]

THE PATTAYA MUSIC FESTIVAL

March 22, 2002

19:30 ? 20:00

At the Beachfront ? North Pattaya, Pattaya City

19:30 The delegation is led to the North Pattaya beachfront by a motorcade. Johnny's Junior, performers from Japan, invited guests of Thailand under the "Be My Guest" campaign, and other Thai music and recording artistes are on stand-by by the stage area awaiting the arrival of HE Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra and his delegation.

19:45 The delegation arrives at the beachfront area.

Welcome address by the Governor of Pattaya

Report presented by HE Minister to the Prime Minister's Office and TAT Chairman Mr. Somsak Thepsutin

19:50 Address by His Excellency Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra Artistes on stage are introduced to the Prime Minister

19:55 A demonstration of the "Scratch" technique by DJ Joey Boy who shows the Prime Minister how it is done. Scratch version of "Sawasdee Be My Guest"

19:56 HE Prime Minister Thaksin tries his hand at the "Scratch" version of "Sawasdee Be My Guest" - a cue for a spectacular fireworks display dispatched from the Royal Thai Navy frigate anchored offshore.

19:58 The fireworks display leads into performances on all 3 stages to mark the official opening of the event.

20:00 End of the official opening ceremony of The Pattaya Music Festival The Prime Minister and his delegation are entertained by Johnny's Junior and enjoy The Pattaya Music Festival at their leisure.

Dress Code:

Colourful Hawaiian-style shirts

Archived