Anybody have any problems getting into Angelwitch

TroyinEwa/Perv

I went there earlier this week around 1130/midnight and the old bitch at the door had the curtains in her hand in a way that one could not see inside. I could see her peeking inside as I was walking toward the bar from the stairwell/elevator side. When I got there and tried to go in she said "members only". Well, I have a member but I guess not the kind required to get in. Not one to go where I'm not wanted, I went elsewhere and continued on my drinking binge.

Now, I've heard the stories where that line may be given to someone of a different backround (no offense intended to anyone) but have never heard that line used on a boy from the midwest of the U.S. who eats corn and mashed potatoes and all.

Anyone else ever been denied entry to this bar?

I went there earlier this week around 1130/midnight and the old bitch at the door had the curtains in her hand in a way that one could not see inside. I could see her peeking inside as I was walking toward the bar from the stairwell/elevator side. When I got there and tried to go in she said "members only". Well, I have a member but I guess not the kind required to get in. Not one to go where I'm not wanted, I went elsewhere and continued on my drinking binge.

Now, I've heard the stories where that line may be given to someone of a different backround (no offense intended to anyone) but have never heard that line used on a boy from the midwest of the U.S. who eats corn and mashed potatoes and all.

Anyone else ever been denied entry to this bar?

Maybe a special show was going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Not meaning to be rude in ANY way, but are you African-American, Indian or Asian in appearance??

Or Caucasian?

Some gogos are just blatantly racist, so if you don't look like the vast majority of punters in that place, they can act like assholes and not want to let you in.

Thailand.. Land of Smiles. :rolleyes:

Good point.....I wonder what would happen if someone did whip out some sort of a membership card to somewhere and show them. They obviously would have no idea what it is and they certainly don't hand out membership cards at go-gos so it would be an interesting standoff.

Archived