Isaan in Australia

panadolsandwich

Isaan / Australia

Isaan

I met Em’s parents early in the relationship. They never spoke to me in English. Her father is a retired doctor, the mother a devoted housewife. I never thought it was strange they didn’t speak English. In fact no one really spoke English in the village. It meant I was forced to learn the local lingo lest I was ignored; a curious mix of Thai & Laos, called Isaan. The moment I realized that I’d got the language was when Em’s Mum came into our room and asked me where Em might be? I told her Em was out and about in the market shopping for tea, most likely for a duck in order to make a ground mince salad and fried accompaniment , and if you like I can easily phone her to tell to get something else? All in Isaan mind you. It wasn’t until a bit later that I realized I’d become fluent in Isaan! It was like a penny dropped.

Australia

We are at the Sofitel Wentworth in Sydney dining on breakfast in the club. I tell Em that my balls are a bit itchy and my cock feels a bit sore after last night’s bout of marathon, feverous sex. Although encouraging Em to learn English, I’d quickly gained the habit of talking about personal things in public, in Isaan, under the cloak of secrecy. The primly dressed girl delivered our cappuccinos and said in Isaan – maybe I could scratch your balls then? I was shocked. The girl was from Laos, and Em has since become great friends with her. My balls are still a bit itchy though!!! How embarrassing!

I wonder if any of you guys have made such gaffs?

Archived